Why become a member? ×

The Yamaha BB mega-thread

Al Krow

Yes it's like your pic. It was black with a lot of scratches, I took of the paint and staint it in a dark brown see through colour.  I have it in an corner for many years now. 

And this is my main bass. Not very eye-catchy, but on any recording I do. I always bring several basses but the cheapo gets the job! 

YBB1000ma2.jpeg

Edited by gobasserk
  • Like 1

Just now, gobasserk said:

Yes it's like yout pic. It was black with a lot of scratches, I took of the paint and staint it in a dark brown see through colour.  I have it in an corner for many years now. 

And this is my main bass. Not very eye-catchy, but on any recording I do. I always bring several basses but the cheapo gets the job! 

YBB1000ma2.jpeg

BB and @Ashdown Engineering Seems we have similar tastes

10 hours ago, AndyTravis said:

Haha. Currently 4, to soon be 3 and then back to 4...

love that the yardstick of yamaha ownership is measured in units of “Trav”

I’m very low on the Trav’ometer, currently owning only one BB Yamaha

Edited by MoJo
Grammar

@lee650 and I are proud to announce the arrival of our BB twins (by adoption date) and Lee's rapid ascension to half-Trav (and potential simultaneous renunciation of anything made by Fender) and my much more lethargic middle-aged-spread journey to full-Trav status.

It should, however, be known that full Trav is still considered a tad usurper.

Advanced grade = hookystringbass or (hush now) even a hypercarrot as the ultimate destination for a true BB believer.

Normal service may now resume.

• Haha 2

Speaking of cool dark...the black sheep of the Krow Yammy family has arrived :) 

Yamaha Tribe (2019).jpg

I had originally thought I might also get the BB735A refinished in white (and even got a couple of quotes for getting it done). But I'm much less sure about doing that now!

Edited by Al Krow
  • Like 5