Why become a member? ×

The Yamaha BB mega-thread

Al Krow

On 19/02/2019 at 16:34, bigsmokebass said:

So many lovely Yamaha's on here, I really shouldn't be looking but my god.... Shut up and take my money 😂🙈

Well you'll have to excuse my coming on here to make the 1000th 'reply' on this thread, which started for me as someone who had never owned a Yammy and now has three and is finding that he loves them, and agreeing with you!

It also continues to say something about just what a great bass the Yamaha BB has consistently been for over 4 decades: https://usa.yamaha.com/products/contents/guitars_basses/history/chronology/index.html

And hard to deny that you have one of the loveliest BB "couples" yourself! Looking forward to a full detailed review from you, hopefully soon! 

IMG_20190213_041136_405.thumb.jpg.aab1fc87a5c847341d49a2a0a4f92c4f.jpg

Edited by Al Krow
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Al Krow said:

Well you'll have to excuse my coming on here to make the 1000th 'reply' on this thread, which started for me as someone who had never owned a Yammy and now has three and is finding that he loves them, and agreeing with you!

It also continues to say something about just what a great bass the Yamaha BB has consistently been for over 4 decades: https://usa.yamaha.com/products/contents/guitars_basses/history/chronology/index.html

And hard to deny that you have one of the loveliest BB "couples" yourself! Looking forward to a full detailed review from you, hopefully soon! 

IMG_20190213_041136_405.thumb.jpg.aab1fc87a5c847341d49a2a0a4f92c4f.jpg

Not worked well then? Same here 😂🙌🏻 

Right now I've got @AndyTravis offering me a BB and the d**khead knows I'm going to probably fall out with the Mrs over it but will no doubt end up with it 😂😂😂 evil man. The BB Brothers of BassChat.

Awww my babies, my pride and joy. I will leave a review (hoping maybe for a video) but hard finding the words to write down to describe just what I'm feeling. Still a sin to have pride? 

Noticed you've not got any Yamaha's at the moment Al, I know a guy selling a BB if that helps? 😂

• Haha 2

16 minutes ago, AndyTravis said:

I’ve been called worse...

Working in Dawson's alone already ticks that box 😂 been the second bass offered in 2 weeks and you know how the last conversation went with the Mrs 😂😂😂 you're a bad bad man. 

You'd think the 1024x wouldn't look too dissimilar from the other BBs for the Mrs to know you've got a new one haha. 

1 minute ago, bigsmokebass said:

Working in Dawson's alone already ticks that box 😂 been the second bass offered in 2 weeks and you know how the last conversation went with the Mrs 😂😂😂 you're a bad bad man. 

You'd think the 1024x wouldn't look too dissimilar from the other BBs for the Mrs to know you've got a new one haha. 

Well I was hoping to straight swap - when I was selling the white bb1100s everyone wanted the sunburst one!!!

And we don’t use the ‘D’ word in this house...

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, bigsmokebass said:

Noticed you've not got any Yamaha's at the moment Al, I know a guy selling a BB if that helps? 😂

... not sure how you came to that conclusion - mentioned having three in my post above. One of which, if you could ever risk playing purely active, you would absolutely love to bits :) 

22 hours ago, CameronJ said:

You signature is very much out of date! Give the ol’ girl an update Bas! Your current lineup is totally different from what’s listed 😅

Aha! I don't have my signature setting switched on or view any others' sigs since we swapped to the new platform, so was blithely oblivious of being out of date, and as it's more than a year old it definitely will be! 😄 

@CameronJ - fixed! :) 

Edited by Al Krow
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

So, with the second 1100s up for sale - this is the stable.

1024x in Caramel Brown (think I’m going to have a nice celluloid brown tort guard made for this)

1984 BB300 - YOB and a version of my first ever bass - This will wear flats soon.

414 in Orange Metallic, added a 1024x pickguard, sort of makes it an unofficial 414x

And in all honesty, I’m done. Unless a blue 1600 arrives. But even then I’m not sure I’d bother.

80F747A6-E24D-4E4B-95C5-5BAF7DB9EA5D.jpeg

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, AndyTravis said:

So, with the second 1100s up for sale - this is the stable.

1024x in Caramel Brown (think I’m going to have a nice celluloid brown tort guard made for this)

1984 BB300 - YOB and a version of my first ever bass - This will wear flats soon.

414 in Orange Metallic, added a 1024x pickguard, sort of makes it an unofficial 414x

And in all honesty, I’m done. Unless a blue 1600 arrives. But even then I’m not sure I’d bother.

80F747A6-E24D-4E4B-95C5-5BAF7DB9EA5D.jpeg

Still think the orange should have a pearloid pickguard.

lovely collection Andy. 👍🏻👍🏻

22 minutes ago, MoJo said:

@AndyTravis if ever your missus is selling that BB414, could I have first dibs please?

Join the queue. And No - she’s not like that, thank god.

had an ex who threw a telecaster down the stairs mid argument.

I snapped the heels off her laboutin shoes. 

Easy done - for £600 I’d want more substantial heels.

the telecaster was gigged for years after. Sold it to a mate.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

9 minutes ago, AndyTravis said:

I'm very much taken by that. I may have to go on a quest to source another orange BB414 and make my own Andy Travis tribute model

Here's me playing my first ever BB, an orange BB414 at a Halloween show in Solihull

FB_IMG_1423965278018.jpg.a7fa4c14e7fa74230180f3de2e7c7b81.jpg

then, much later, I bought two more and created the Terry's Chocolate Orange fretless

FB_IMG_1514275716434.jpg.cd0ebf396e46409b31f97cb3eea6e315.jpg

It's about time I had another orange BB414

48 minutes ago, AndyTravis said:

.....Depo? 🤔😂

3 hours ago, krispn said:

The lad or the bass?

If you're starting to frequent this thread (and not merely 'lurking' 😀) then you  definitely need to 'fess up to being a fully paid up member of our lovely club, which you indeed are! 

And let's get some pics up of that latest, rather classic, BB addition to the north of the border herd (please :)).

Edited by Al Krow

42 minutes ago, therealting said:

@AndyTravis I just tagged you in this on Facebook. The legendary Steve Pearce is selling his 1978 BB1200 for just £500.

Ah makes sense now. Will add you in a minute.

im selling an 1100s and haven’t got funds. Looks lovely though.

the 1024 is a total animal, used at rehearsal last night!