Why become a member? ×

The Yamaha BB mega-thread

Al Krow

55 minutes ago, Cuzzie said:

Put gold hardware on @Al Krow will lap it up, he has dubious taste

Speaking of dubious taste, not sure why you're on this thread - you don't even like Yamaha basses!!

Be off with you now, young man, to your fizzy dUg pedal realm 😛

Edited by Al Krow

14 minutes ago, Cuzzie said:

What I like and don’t like, you don’t know....!

Took your time answersing on here, rearranging the pedal board again, or polishing the gold hardware?

Ok let's test the proposition that "Cuzzie likes Yammy basses"

So you have exactly how many Yammy basses currently? 

The year you last owned a Yammy bass was when?

😛

Edited by Al Krow

11 hours ago, therealting said:

Just seen this IG post from Mattisson basses of some mods they did to a couple BBs... pretty tasty!

Tastefully modded. I like those

On 25/01/2019 at 01:17, therealting said:

Just seen this IG post from Mattisson basses of some mods they did to a couple BBs... pretty tasty!

Nice!!! I definately see a custom tort guard and an East uni pre in my yamahas future! Strangely for me, I've not had a desire to muck about with the pickups!! Hmm Nordstrand blades???

30 minutes ago, lee650 said:

He can sell me his NE2 to me then!! I've got a serious horn for one of those 😉

23 minutes ago, bassfan said:

Take a ticket and wait in line for that one mate.... 😃😂

Haha boys - thanks very much. The BBNE2 IS a wonderful instrument; as bassfan knows having tried it out and taken an instant like to it. And obviously you're both clearly not finding the hardware "bling" too off-putting (or I suspect in bassfan's case positively atractive - lol!)[1]

I'll have to 'fess to recently turning down a very tempting offer for it recently from another chap who was after one in the same finish in the "items wanted" section:  but I kinda worked out that I would have instant seller's regret, particularly as I had waited six months for one in white to turn up. So nope, mine's not going to be up for sale any time soon...

What I am still waiting from Yammy is their BB735A with a neck through and individual bridge pieces - a P/J sister of the J/J BBNE2. There would be no hesitation in getting my plastic out for that Yamaha, if you're listening, particularly if you made one in white 😀

[1] But there again some folk are willing to pay extra for their basses to look like beaten up cra*p ("relic'd" I think they're called), so they can pretend to be 'cool', but each to their own eh? 😛

Edited by Al Krow