Why become a member? ×

The Yamaha BB mega-thread

Al Krow

Yamaha have never updated their range with a new bunch of colours to my memory. I assume you could get a P34 or P35 in a custom colour though, as I've seen one BB2024X in satin black with painted neck and another with a maple board. Don't expect them to be cheap though!

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, dannybuoy said:

Yamaha have never updated their range with a new bunch of colours to my memory. I assume you could get a P34 or P35 in a custom colour though, as I've seen one BB2024X in satin black with painted neck and another with a maple board. Don't expect them to be cheap though!

Buy a used one and pay sims to spray it. Would be cheaper.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Al Krow said:

How can we persuade Yamaha to give us fanboys a greater choice of finish to their existing range of basses in 2019? 

Vintage white anyone? :)

They have offered white in most of their previous lineups. would have liked the option in the 7 series but admit I am liking the satin black on my 734a nice and silky, forearm doesn't stick to the satin finish as can be the case with gloss.

Ooooh brings back memories...

My first ever six string axe (and you can see where guitars got that description more clearly from the above pic than anything else) was a Gibson SG, bought it in 1981. Burgundy. Sold it a couple of years later to a mate who still has it to this day. 

13 minutes ago, AndyTravis said:

SG deluxe, around 1998/99 in a colour (I think) they called frost blue.

Just off to do some trawling.

Not that I can afford to spend anymore money on gear right now, well not if I get the Helix I've been gassing for...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, Cato said:

Just off to do some trawling.

Not that I can afford to spend anymore money on gear right now, well not if I get the Helix I've been gassing for...

Which model Helix were you after? There are a couple currently in the FS... 

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Al Krow said:

Which model Helix were you after? There are a couple currently in the FS... 

I'm leaning towards the HX at the moment because I don't think I need the amp/cab sims, but I won't be buying before the middle of January.