Why become a member? ×

The Yamaha BB mega-thread

Al Krow

On 29/03/2019 at 20:50, AndyTravis said:

Nah. It’s all just trying to achieve a dream I was close to 10 years ago.

Just seen you've got your BB 1024X up for sale (and @jezzaboy has also got the 1024 he bought and sold...and bought back again(!) in the FS also). We all know that this are a great bit of kit... (GLWTS btw on both of those guys).

So it does beg the question what was the dream that you were close back around 2009?

On 29/03/2019 at 16:11, tonyf said:

Thanks for the heads up. Blimey, why on earth didn't I look at the Bass Direct website?! Doh!

BD is just a half hour down the M40 from me and I know Mark really well. Wish I'd realised they had them or I'd have popped down earlier. That'll be my treat for tomorrow morning. 

Did you manage to get across to BD try one out - if so, what did you think?

15 minutes ago, Al Krow said:

Just seen you've got your BB 1024X up for sale (and @jezzaboy has also got the 1024 he bought and sold...and bought back again(!) in the FS also). We all know that this are a great bit of kit... (GLWTS btw on both of those guys).

So it does beg the question what was the dream that you were close back around 2009?

I was referring to the fact that in 2009 I was living the dream a bit, touring and doing tv/radio stuff.

it wasn’t a particular bass, think I was playing a JV Squier and a Jack Casady at the time.

it was more that I’m merely a weekend warrior these days...

Edited by AndyTravis
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, AndyTravis said:

I was referring to the fact that in 2009 I was living the dream a bit, touring and doing tv/radio stuff.

it wasn’t a particular bass, think I was playing a JV Squier and a Jack Casady atbthe time.

it was more that I’m merely a weekend warrior these days...

Whereas my journey over the past decade has involved graduating from being a 'bass 'pacifist' in 2009 with the missus' old Aria Pro II lurking unused in the house - thank God we didn't sell it before I discovered what fun bass is - to now an incompetent (I am led to believe 😂) weekend warrior with a love for Yammy basses. 

Funny how journeys can go via very different routes but end up at the same destination.

You got any footage of your time playing live during your dream period? Love to see.

3 minutes ago, Al Krow said:

Whereas my journey over the past decade has involved graduating from being a 'bass 'pacifist' in 2009 with the missus' old Aria Pro II lurking unused in the house - thank God we didn't sell it before I discovered what fun bass is - to now an incompetent (I am led to believe 😂) weekend warrior with a love for Yammy basses. 

Funny how journeys can go via very different routes but end up at the same destination.

You got any footage of your time playing live during your dream period? Love to see.

Haha. No there’s very little evidence thank god, probably some in the archives at itv or bbc somewhere.

There was a great set of performances from itv on YouTube but the singer took them down as he didn’t like the particular songs anymore. Which really annoys me, and I’d never thought to download them as I didn’t think he would’ve done that.

My Mrs at the time took some photos of that day, was nice.

there’s a load of audio stuff on cds at my mums.

209DFEAA-0CDD-49A1-99EA-E414DCEFA245.jpeg

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Cuzzie said:

And cowboy boots

Size 12 Bristol Cowboy

I think we need keep that in reserve for your next band or album name.

50 minutes ago, AndyTravis said:

Haha. No there’s very little evidence thank god, probably some in the archives at itv or bbc somewhere. There was a great set of performances from itv on YouTube but the singer took them down as he didn’t like the particular songs anymore. Which really annoys me, and I’d never thought to download them as I didn’t think he would’ve done that.

That is a real shame! 

Edited by Al Krow

11 minutes ago, Al Krow said:

That is a real shame! 

Yeah, the whole thing went balls up. Routinely things just stopped or changed without consultation. I got bored with it eventually.

The second album being finished, then deleted, then started again. When I left they plodded on with a new guy for an ep and a single.

All tracks we’d rejected for the second album.

Their deal was cancelled/ended and while they’re still listed as a going concern...that’s not the case.

1 minute ago, AndyTravis said:

Yeah, the whole thing went balls up. Routinely things just stopped or changed without consultation. I got bored with it eventually.

The second album being finished, then deleted, then started again. When I left they plodded on with a new guy for an ep and a single.

All tracks we’d rejected for the second album.

Their deal was cancelled/ended and while they’re still listed as a going concern...that’s not the case.

So is there a first album somewhere you'd be happy for us to have a listen to?

6 minutes ago, Al Krow said:

Nooooo.....😂🤣😂

I feel a poll coming on 

(Just kidding!)

Are we running out of things to talk about when “what style of trainers do you gig in” is the next thread to go up. 😂 

• Haha 1