Why become a member? ×

The Yamaha BB mega-thread

Al Krow

5 minutes ago, briansbrew said:

Yes I agree it would be expensive, it would need a pick-guard to cover up the lousy routing and then to try and find the stock pickups.  A decent split P and a Yamaha bridge pickup would be good, if the price is right but he's looking £450 best offer to me. I do like that maple fretboard and the colour is nice, I do like a challenge ...

You can buy the bb 414/1024 bridge pickups, you could make it a neck through yamajazz…

it’s also 4.9kg too 😳

1 minute ago, Maude said:

No, just ignore me for I am a tit.😁

There's a few but they're all in Japan. 

The SB1200s is £1200. 

I thought you might have meant this one https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Yamaha-ATT-Plus-M-Seafoam-Green-Bass-Guitar-/224665801175?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&_trksid=p2349624.m46890.l49286&mkrid=710-127635-2958-0

Ooh that reminds me of my first proper bass, an Attitude Special.

There's a super sexy SBV800MF (for Mutha flipa! 😄) on there in a metallic blue/green. It looks amazing but it's nearly £2.4k delivered, before any import fees get slapped on top. 

Just mucking about seeing if I can upload a reasonable audio clip here. 

Recorded on my phone placed in front of an Ashdown B-Social, no editing or EQing as I have no means of doing that, I don't own a computer. 

I couldn't have it loud either but I think it's actually worked OK and isn't bad quality. 

Ignore the timing and random non muted strings and shizzle, it was just to see if I could upload reasonable audio. 

And as it was a BB it's going here. 😁

BBPH & EHX Bass Clone. 

https://soundcloud.app.goo.gl/Nj87z

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Maude said:

Just mucking about seeing if I can upload a reasonable audio clip here. 

Recorded on my phone placed in front of an Ashdown B-Social, no editing or EQing as I have no means of doing that, I don't own a computer. 

I couldn't have it loud either but I think it's actually worked OK and isn't bad quality. 

Ignore the timing and random non muted strings and shizzle, it was just to see if I could upload reasonable audio. 

And as it was a BB it's going here. 😁

BBPH & EHX Bass Clone. 

https://soundcloud.app.goo.gl/Nj87z

Hooky vibe going on there Maude...

6 hours ago, Reggaebass said:

Oooh, it’s only 15 minutes down the road from me. I’ve always been tempted by BBs, especially black ones, but never taken the plunge. Oh dear, I don’t need another bass, what should I do?

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Velarian said:

Oooh, it’s only 15 minutes down the road from me. I’ve always been tempted by BBs, especially black ones, but never taken the plunge. Oh dear, I don’t need another bass, what should I do?

I had one, they play well, have a nice neck and sound wise are very good, I’d definitely have another 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Reggaebass said:

I had one, they play well, have a nice neck and sound wise are very good, I’d definitely have another 

It’s got a BIN price of £220 and it seems like a lot of bass for the money, but from what I can gather they can range from £160ish up to £220 tops. I might just put a speculative bid in for it. Anyone got any suggestions on its value?

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Velarian said:

It’s got a BIN price of £220 and it seems like a lot of bass for the money, but from what I can gather they can range from £160ish up to £220 tops. I might just put a speculative bid in for it. Anyone got any suggestions on its value?

£220 wouldn’t be better spent elsewhere 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, AndyTravis said:

Or, devils advocate…my 350 in the for sale pages ain’t much more 😊

It’s nice, but the wrong colour for me I’m afraid.

BTW what’s the difference between the 414 and the 350? Is it just the reverse P pickup on the 350 and does that make much difference compared to the normal p arrangement?

13 hours ago, bubinga5 said:

New BB434. SD jazz pickup added. Strings and action were not good so DR Low Riders and action lowered. 

20211030_172034.jpg

20211030_172023.jpg

Nice! Welcome to the club! 

@bubinga5you've had some fantastic high-end basses. Will be good to hear how your 434 stacks up against them. 

Edited by Al Krow
  • Like 1