Why become a member? ×

The Yamaha BB mega-thread

Al Krow

6 minutes ago, Al Krow said:

Andy if you really want this - shout and I could potentially collect for you (provided it's not in deepest darkest S London which can be a 3 hour round trip!!) and then drop off with @bassfan on Friday night (I'm going to see his band play and get a decent burger at the same time...). I think you and he are then not too far apart?

We aren’t geographically close but emotionally we are 😂😂😗… anyway. If you can get it to me I can arrange to get to Manchester with my mates end November or sort courier. Whatever is best. 😃

3 minutes ago, bassfan said:

We aren’t geographically close but emotionally we are 😂😂😗… anyway. If you can get it to me I can arrange to get to Manchester with my mates end November or sort courier. Whatever is best. 😃

Ah fair enough forgot Andy is in Manchester. Well in that case, he doesn't necessarily need to get by Friday - Plan B is I've got a daughter up at uni up there and I'm sure we can coordinate something. So a couple of options for Andy. 

But he may, of course, do the sensible thing and pass on this one...

1 minute ago, gobasserk said:

I am selling one of my BB1000MA's and my BB300. As Brexit might possibly make deals less interesting for you guys I wanted to let you know never the less. 

If you could organise Deutchexit before you sell, that would be very helpful 😁

• Haha 1

Just now, Al Krow said:

Ah fair enough forgot Andy is in Manchester. Well in that case, he doesn't necessarily need to get by Friday - Plan B is I've got a daughter up at uni up there and I'm sure we can coordinate something. So a couple of options for Andy. 

But he may, of course, do the sensible thing and pass on this one...

It’s already been bid on, and I don’t *need* it.

If it was silly cheap - I’d jump.

Thank you though guys - much appreciated.

The bb1600 sounded ace last night and something arriving by end of the week which was a bit unforeseen 🤦🏻‍♂️😂

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, AndyTravis said:

It’s already been bid on, and I don’t *need* it.

If it was silly cheap - I’d jump.

Thank you though guys - much appreciated.

The bb1600 sounded ace last night and something arriving by end of the week which was a bit unforeseen 🤦🏻‍♂️😂

elaborate please :D

7 minutes ago, Al Krow said:

If you could organise Deutchexit before you sell, that would be very helpful 😁

You mean Dexit... there are some forces working on that but I'm afraid they dont have more than a handfull of supporters yet. But that's today... 😉 

1 minute ago, Al Krow said:

Music becoming a universal language without borders? Now there's a thought...

You may say Al and I  are dreamers
But we're not the only ones
I hope someday you'll join us
And the world will talk about Yamaha BB basses for 308 pages as one...

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, briansbrew said:

Would this be worth buying Andy at the right price 🤨

No. To return it to stock would basically be impossible and you’d spend about £400 putting it right for it to ultimately be worth about £600 if that.

If you’re after one, look at one which isn’t hacked up.

If it was about £150/£200 it’d be worth the investment I suppose.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, AndyTravis said:

No. To return it to stock would basically be impossible and you’d spend about £400 putting it right for it to ultimately be worth about £600 if that.

If you’re after one, look at one which isn’t hacked up.

If it was about £150/£200 it’d be worth the investment I suppose.

Yes I agree it would be expensive, it would need a pick-guard to cover up the lousy routing and then to try and find the stock pickups.  A decent split P and a Yamaha bridge pickup would be good, if the price is right but he's looking £450 best offer to me. I do like that maple fretboard and the colour is nice, I do like a challenge ...