Why become a member? ×

The Yamaha BB mega-thread

Al Krow

5 hours ago, gobasserk said:

Do I understand right? PH is selling his bass? THE one? I can't believe that! It should be on his wall...?

3 hours ago, Woodinblack said:

Why not? To a lot of people its the bass that made all those records and is worth a fortune, to him, its just some bass he used a lot that is worth a fortune!

I can't imagine he's short of a bob or two? I'm with @gobasserk on this one! 

Maybe he does genuinely prefer his new signature bass to his old 1200S?!

Edited by Al Krow
A "bob" for our overseas brethren was originally one shilling = 12 pence in the days when there were 240 pence to the £ i.e. it is 1/20 of £ or 5p post decimalisation.

10 minutes ago, Al Krow said:

I can't imagine he's short of a bob or two? I'm with @gobasserk on this one!

I can't either but to him it is probably just a bass he used because that is what he had. Think how many basses you have gone through. Sometimes you just get a bass that is better than the others and you lose interest in the others. To everyone else who is a fan it is an important iconic instrument.

• Like 1

I need to stop reading these, I'm pìssing the day away......

ERNIE BALL 5 STRING BASS GUITAR Serial No: 50070.

In my third group ‘Revenge’, I decided that I was going to become a new me. I set off for The London Bass Centre clutching £300, which I had convinced myself would be enough for a new change of guitar identity. It’s the musicians equivalent of ‘Gonna wash that man right out of my hair!’. When I got there, I was shocked to discover that even an entry-level 4 string professional bass guitar was in excess of £700! stinky poo! I tried this and loved it. It was used on the song ‘Surf Nazis’, but as above never suited me or any other song. That low C… was not for me. Cost £850.00 had to max out my credit card ;(

FIRST EVER CHRIS ECCLESHALL PETER HOOK EBO HOLLOW BODY BASS GUITAR. With hard case.

The very first ‘Chris Eccleshall Peter Hook EBO hollow body BB1200s’ ever made. Christened HOT because it bloody was. A great guitar. Used on every New Order gig since 1982. The Original. The hollow body enabled it to feed back whenever you wanted it to. You should have seen Barney’s face. Chris, rest in peace! Shortly after presenting me with the last guitar he ever made, he passed.’ Viking 2’ ready for heading off to Valhalla.

2006 IVOR NOVELLO AWARD. Presented to Peter Hook on 25.05.2006 for Outstanding Song Collection. Presented in association with PRS by the British Academy of Composers & Songwriters and also includes Ticket, Programme, Letter of Nomination & Collectors Programme.

These do’s used to be wild. The new sober me though saw them completely differently. At the end of this one, some bloke came up to me and said, "Hooky….your sober now yeh?" I agreed, expecting a friend of Bob's. "Shame," he said, “Your food fights were legendary mate. I was sat next to Bono at The Q Awards and you got him right on the head with a bread roll, closely followed by Iggy Pop. Great shots. Take care!" and off he went...

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Woodinblack said:

I can't either but to him it is probably just a bass he used because that is what he had. Think how many basses you have gone through. Sometimes you just get a bass that is better than the others and you lose interest in the others. To everyone else who is a fan it is an important iconic instrument.

Yeah I've gone through 25 basses of which I still own 11, but I'm not and never will be Peter Hook! So I'm still with Mr Beserk on this one. Just put the thing on a wall - I mean that's all a fan is ever going to do - it won't be getting used down the Dog'n'Duck! 

2 minutes ago, Al Krow said:

Yeah I've gone through 25 basses of which I still own 11, but I'm not and never will be Peter Hook!

Because he is special to you. to him, he is just him and his bass is just his bass, so it may be less siginficant. Neither of us know what it means to him, he might be sick to death of it and be happy with the new ones and happy with how much money it would get. Some people aren't really hung up on objects and some people are..

• Like 1

On 08/01/2021 at 23:14, LukeFRC said:

How old is the BB450 Model @AndyTravis?

On 08/01/2021 at 23:14, AndyTravis said:

1980’s

On 08/01/2021 at 23:15, LukeFRC said:

Japanese? Bolt on with non reveresed P? 

On 08/01/2021 at 23:24, AndyTravis said:

A passive 1100s

earlier 80’s Japanese, later 80’s Taiwanese - transition era is 1987

Thanks, Google :D