2 minutes ago, Ricky Rioli said:

*gently clears throat*

Screenshot_20210502-145831_Gallery.jpg

Is that a 424 in tobacco?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, linear said:

Class BB

Very good! 

The odd digression, with the odd oblique reference to a BB (like how does a Yamaha BB bass sound like with a D class or class A/B amp when played through a YYZ pedal?), after 6,000 posts is a good thing to keep us all entertained. 

After all, how many times can we remind each other that a 1024 is more refined than a 424? And those of us who prefer a fine red to more plentiful plonk will prefer one over the other 😁

Al, even the google translator can't tell me, what you mean with the last sentence but it sounds good  😛   

1 hour ago, gobasserk said:

Of course they do. Doesn't matter to me 🙂  I went to the "Musicstore" in Cologne willing to buy the (for me) best sounding amp three years ago. Not a joke ! I ended up with an Hartke LH1000. The Hartke stuff is in the same test room as the Glockenklang ... That nice, warm and NATURAL bass growl.... was only to be heard in analog. 

LH1000 is a fantastic amp - I do sort of miss mine, but have found something which suits me even more - and it’s good old analogue

4 minutes ago, gobasserk said:

Al, even the google translator can't tell me, what you mean with the last sentence but it sounds good  😛   

At the end of the day, if it sounds good that's all that matters! 😊👍

47 minutes ago, Al Krow said:

And those of us who prefer a fine red to more plentiful plonk will prefer one over the other 😁

24 minutes ago, gobasserk said:

A wine reference...

Thanks, sometimes not beeing a native speaker in an English forum does suck 🙈☠️

4 minutes ago, gobasserk said:

Thanks, sometimes not beeing a native speaker in an English forum does suck 🙈☠️

You play "native" Yamaha BB bass and do great recordings just on your phone, which more than makes up for it!

There is no more universal language, we can share, than music! 

• Like 1

@gobasserk, You're doing OK.

When I was travelling I noticed that, no matter where in the world I was, most people could swear fluently in English...

@Al Krow, I was watching some daytime telly a few years back with some English children (toddlers) playing with some Vietnamese children of the same age. All were getting on fantastically, laughing and playing.

At the end, the interviewer asked one of the English children how she got on with the Vietnamese children when they didn't speak English to which she replied "...but she laughs in English".

From the mouths of babes....

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

OK, back to BB topic...
Before the last layers of lacquer...the Yamaha Logo 🙂 

ybb1000mared1 (2).jpeg

Edited by gobasserk
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, gobasserk said:

OK, back to BB topic...
Before the last layers of lacquer...the Yamaha Logo 🙂 

ybb1000mared1 (2).jpeg

Wow. Exactly what I’m doing (at some point) with the bb350

Decision almost made...love these BB5000a in purple.

Eo, while not seen on a 4 string BB, is roughly era  correct.

2081945A-FE67-4580-AC89-458290255629.jpeg

A56B664C-A78C-4090-902C-AB670285BB08.jpeg

• Like 5

33 minutes ago, gobasserk said:

I might let go my CAR BB300 once the 1000 is ready....

Well, the bb350 was the p/j version of the 300...I started on an MIJ 300. Wish I’d kept the last 300 I had, was a belter.

Now know what the mystery strings that came with my 424 and suited it so well were: 45-105 GHS Boomers. Bit pricey in this country, unfortunately :( 

Anyway, now have Rotosound Swing Bass on it, and am equally happy with them, albeit in a slightly different way.

35 minutes ago, Ricky Rioli said:

Now know what the mystery strings that came with my 424 and suited it so well were: 45-105 GHS Boomers. Bit pricey in this country, unfortunately :( 

Anyway, now have Rotosound Swing Bass on it, and am equally happy with them, albeit in a slightly different way.

@walshy had about 5 sets of boomers for sale mate

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, AndyTravis said:

@walshy had about 5 sets of boomers for sale mate

Cheers, I just took a look. £25 a set, that's a lot less than StringsDirect's £33.... But I think I'll get on with getting used to the Rotosounds at £18 a time. 

16 minutes ago, Ricky Rioli said:

Cheers, I just took a look. £25 a set, that's a lot less than StringsDirect's £33.... But I think I'll get on with getting used to the Rotosounds at £18 a time. 

If I used 45’s I’d be all over those 

Deffo purple. And I threw a cheeky bid at a gold gotoh bridge on eBay...

well...gold hardware it is.A56B664C-A78C-4090-902C-AB670285BB08.thumb.jpeg.e7667d963eeb477e6479559732e3d9e2.jpeg

like this.

• Like 2

Trying to read up on the specific qualities of different strings is like juggling 🤹‍♀️ wet 🧼 bars 🧼 of 🧼 soap, but  I've got the impression that within the world of nickel coated steel those GHS Boomers are similar to Roto Bass or Elites Players.

I'm enjoying these pure steel Swing Bass, but once my G&L strung with them finally makes it through the postal system, I might go back to the Boomers or something similar on the BB - they just seemed so well matched to the character of the 424 when set to both pickups: the result was a nicely obvious rich tone, straightforwardly pleasing. Not harsh or crude, but not built for subtlety.

What is that for? 

Got  a message...candy apple red BB1000ma will be ready for pick up tomorrow afternoon... ! 😍

Posted (edited)

By the way...because I want something easy to carry for rehearsals and live ( my bas player back....) I am thinking of getting one of this, maybe even two to have a nice light 800watts 2x15 rig...  I love a GOOD 15" speaker! 

The Glockenklang cabs are expensive but their neo speakers don't sound like neos! The speakers are built especially (and only) for Glockenklang

Glockenklang 1x15 Art line

Edited by gobasserk