Why become a member? ×

The Yamaha BB mega-thread

Al Krow

25 minutes ago, MDWagstaff said:

All of these are a significant upgrade on the current colour offerings. Loving the shell pink, Aubourgine and the forest green(?) 

My take on...
gold sparkle
capri orange
Bel air green
shell pink
blue glitter
surfvgreen
Dakota red
burgundy mist
ocean turquoise 
sherwood green
shoreline gold

49 minutes ago, marleaux62 said:

It’s more of space problem I’m up to 14 basses now. And I’m not really playing the 414 and my 1024x so I’m thinking about maybe moving them on.

Ah fair enough. The "correct" number for a fully kitted bass herd has been well established to be NINE. Anything more than that is a little excessive and results in the hassle of having to move basses on.

😁

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Al Krow said:

Ah fair enough. The "correct" number for a fully kitted bass herd has been well established to be NINE. Anything more than that is a little excessive and results in the hassle of having to move basses on.

😁

I can’t do odd numbers so it would have to be either 8-10-12 or maybe 16 😂😂

• Haha 1

Some chap on TB resprayed his Rickenbacker in the Andy T blue sparkle finish (can't seem to locate that particular post now) - but I've never seen a single post "liked" so much as that one! 

Thing is - IMO they ALL look better than the current colour offerings simply by having matching headstocks and which only the PH and NE2 have have in the current BB line up.

yamaha-bb734a-blue-gl.jpg.5d64cd605e69c445202fe976b588c9fc.jpg

4 hours ago, marleaux62 said:

It’s more of space problem I’m up to 14 basses now. And I’m not really playing the 414 and my 1024x so I’m thinking about maybe moving them on.

23A11AB3-A3D1-43B4-8A7C-580345BEE1AF.jpeg

I might be interested in the BB414. I just can't get on with 5ers so I was thinking of stringing one as BEAD for those songs that call for it. It's not like I mess about with the G string too often anyway. I know my place and I definitely get string vertigo.

4 hours ago, marleaux62 said:

D'you know, I owned a BB3000A for 20+ years, as well as a BB300 and a 450, and I never noticed how different their body shapes were...mind you, I never had a sofa at the time...

Aaaaand now I want a VW 3000A again...pfffft...

Edited by Muzz
  • Haha 1

31 minutes ago, Muzz said:

D'you know, I owned a BB3000A for 20+ years, as well as a BB300 and a 450, and I never noticed how different their body shapes were...mind you, I never had a sofa at the time...

Aaaaand now I want a VW 3000A again...pfffft...

We seem to be largely splitting into the Vintage White and Orange-is-the-new-black camps on here?

I get my head turned by Vintage White basses, whatever the model! Can't believe I turned down the chance to get a VW 5000A for £850 a couple of year's back. 

Edited by Al Krow

5 hours ago, marleaux62 said:

Nice collection, I like all of them. Are you selling, if so how much? 

9 minutes ago, marleaux62 said:

Not sure if I’m going to sell them yet I’m still in two minds. But I will put up a post on this thread a couple of days before I put them on the basses for sale section.

I think you may incur the wrath if the mods unfortunately if you did it that way around. By all means do them here and in the FS at the same time. 

• Like 1