Jump to content
Al Krow

The Yamaha BB mega-thread

Recommended Posts

I've never seen this level of interest both here and across the pond!  The demand is crazy.  Ive been a Hooky fan since the mid 80s and really chuffed the recognition for his simple yet effective style of playing

Edited by Sarlscharisma
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

10 due in local PMT soon.

Will get a call when they’re in.

to the new owners, is the gigbag as nice as the one which came with the 1024’s/714BS?

ta

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, AndyTravis said:

10 due in local PMT soon.

Will get a call when they’re in.

to the new owners, is the gigbag as nice as the one which came with the 1024’s/714BS?

ta

Do we need to talk about a new home for the Sadowsky?!

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, AndyTravis said:

10 due in local PMT soon.

Will get a call when they’re in.

to the new owners, is the gigbag as nice as the one which came with the 1024’s/714BS?

ta

I don’t know. The last BB I owned was a 2024. It’s reasonable. Better than a Warwick gig bag but not up to Mono standard. I usually use a ‘Slickbag’ and it’s not quite on a par.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, LukeFRC said:

Do we need to talk about a new home for the Sadowsky?!

No. It’s staying, it’s a very very lovely thing.

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, GreeneKing said:

I don’t know. The last BB I owned was a 2024. It’s reasonable. Better than a Warwick gig bag but not up to Mono standard. I usually use a ‘Slickbag’ and it’s not quite on a par.

Bear in mind the Yammy gig bags (certainly the one I got with my 1025), whilst very good quality, was a half inch shorter than comfortable for the bass. Hopefully not an issue for the PH gig bags. 

Edited by Al Krow

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Al Krow said:

Bear in mind the Yammy gig bags (certainly the one I got with my 1025), whilst very good quality, was a half inch shorter than comfortable for the bass. Hopefully not an issue for the PH gig bags. 

No it fits just fine. I wasn’t expecting a gig bag so it was a bonus. I suppose at £999 I should have expected one :) 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, GreeneKing said:

No it fits just fine. I wasn’t expecting a gig bag so it was a bonus. I suppose at £999 I should have expected one :) 

 

Interesting as they are £899 in pmt, £999 guitar guitar and £1099 in gear4music 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Fil1ip said:

Interesting as they are £899 in pmt, £999 guitar guitar and £1099 in gear4music 

My mate at PMT says there are 10 on the way, so I’ll pick one from those

Edited by AndyTravis
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I got mine from Kenny’s Music. One thing, the sandwich alder/maple/alder body construction. Is that normal BB practice? It certainly will add rigidity to the neck/body/bridge structure in lieu of a neck through construction. 
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, GreeneKing said:

I got mine from Kenny’s Music. One thing, the sandwich alder/maple/alder body construction. Is that normal BB practice? It certainly will add rigidity to the neck/body/bridge structure in lieu of a neck through construction. 
 

Not that I know of. Might be on the bb1200, but I didn’t think it was. Maybe @hookys6stringbass can help?

Edited by AndyTravis

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Alder/Maple/Alder Body Construction 

The new BB features an Alder/Maple/Alder multi-laminated body construction. The hard maple center increases body stiffness and accentuates midrange to cut through the mix of a band, and allows a more uniform transmission of vibrations between the body and the maple neck for unparalleled resonance and sustain. (BB Pro, BB700 Series)

DD9A8450-D1D9-4CC1-A125-1AB3F7E86760.jpeg

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, GreeneKing said:

I got mine from Kenny’s Music. One thing, the sandwich alder/maple/alder body construction. Is that normal BB practice? It certainly will add rigidity to the neck/body/bridge structure in lieu of a neck through construction. 
 

The first year of producing BB1200 that I had had a two piece sandwich body - so it was standard Yamaha construction for a while 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, marleaux62 said:

Alder/Maple/Alder Body Construction 

The new BB features an Alder/Maple/Alder multi-laminated body construction. The hard maple center increases body stiffness and accentuates midrange to cut through the mix of a band, and allows a more uniform transmission of vibrations between the body and the maple neck for unparalleled resonance and sustain. (BB Pro, BB700 Series)

DD9A8450-D1D9-4CC1-A125-1AB3F7E86760.jpeg

Didn’t realise the new ones were made that way. Looks cool.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, AndyTravis said:

No. It’s staying, it’s a very very lovely thing.

Do we need to talk about a new home for the Spector?!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, bagsieblue said:

Do we need to talk about a new home for the Spector?!

No. It’s staying, it’s a very very lovely thing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, LukeFRC said:

Do we need to talk about a new home for the Sadowsky?!

 

3 hours ago, AndyTravis said:

No. It’s staying, it’s a very very lovely thing.

 

13 minutes ago, bagsieblue said:

Do we need to talk about a new home for the Spector?!

 

6 minutes ago, AndyTravis said:

No. It’s staying, it’s a very very lovely thing.

Do we need to talk about a new home for Hooky BB in six months time? 

  • Haha 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Maude said:

 

 

 

Do we need to talk about a new home for Hooky BB in six months time? 

No...it’s not here yet...it’s going to be a very very lovely thing.

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, bagsieblue said:

Do we need to talk about a new home for the Spector?!

I think he will be ok with all three, it will be the one after that will prompt the rehoming

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.



×
×
  • Create New...