Why become a member? ×

The Yamaha BB mega-thread

Al Krow

If I`m looking to get a new bass, I usually spend weeks mulling it over and end up getting it. But earlier today I had a wee peeky boo at Bass Direct and they had a 90`s BB1100s for £385 delivered. Set up and cleaned with fresh strings and a gig bag.

Within seconds of checking the advert it was bought and is on it way! So much for not buying anymore basses!

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
49 minutes ago, krispn said:

You nabbed yourself a new BBNE 😀

Well funny you should say that...but when I was first in the market for a white NE2 I actually pm'd a chap who had two white NE2s in his collection to see if he would be interested in parting with one. He wasn't, but I subsequently managed to nab one which had originally been owned by our very own TJ Spicer, who very kindly remembered he still had the original paperwork from his purchase from Wunjos back in 2016 and sent it across to me. Gotta love this forum :)

The smart money is on @sadbass 😁

Edited by Al Krow

On 26/10/2019 at 15:08, jezzaboy said:

If I`m looking to get a new bass, I usually spend weeks mulling it over and end up getting it. But earlier today I had a wee peeky boo at Bass Direct and they had a 90`s BB1100s for £385 delivered. Set up and cleaned with fresh strings and a gig bag.

Within seconds of checking the advert it was bought and is on it way! So much for not buying anymore basses!

I thought my BB1100s had a great neck profile and the staff of the local music shop were drooling over it when I took it in with a minor electrical issue but I could never gel with it. Sold it on and not regretted it. I’d be interested to get your impressions 

9780F42C-7E71-4F6D-BE71-BD580AB3F0C5.jpeg.3d430d56e0bdb37a421adf1d1baeaca5.jpeg

Edited by MoJo

27 minutes ago, SpectorStu said:

Well I'm more a Yammy lover than a Spector one really. I just prefer the Yamaha basses in every way. Hopefully Andy will chip in soon. Cheers for the info. 

Aha! So should we more properly know you as YammysTu instead? 😁

Edited by Al Krow

Either way @SpectorStu

you can buy them via Yamaha or BTN music. Only in black and they’re about £30.

@TimAl also has a template to make any colour you like in gloss acrylic (without bevels)

Another option is to use the existing scratch plate as a template for @Sims to make you one - and their work is obviously top notch.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, SpectorStu said:

The bass is fantastic. Thanks for the info Andy. It's just another black one I'm needing so I'll give Yamaha a shout. Cheers 

“Good afternoon Mr Travis

Thank you for your enquiry.

The total price for the pick guard including vat, UK packing and carriage would be £29.39.

If you wish to go ahead please could you call 01603 489421when the order will be created and the payment taken.

Unfortunately the part is currently in production in Japan, and there could be a wait time of 6-8 weeks if part is ordered.”

5 minutes ago, krispn said:

#knobhack

10 minutes ago, AndyTravis said:

A fork. Or a butter knife side on

wrap some tissue over the prongs/blade. Turn the knobs as you apply pressure to lift them.

once they’re up a bit...you can lift them off using your fingers.

Great thanks. Are the pickups in the BB1024x identical to the MIJ version. 

Another #knobhack if you don’t like the idea of cutlery near your bass is to swipe a cloth underneath the controls and wrap them around and pull up.

either work fine.

for plastic bb or Les Paul plastic knobs the cloth method is a sure fire way not to chip the plastic edges which can be fragile if you’re not a regular knob puller...