Why become a member? ×

The Yamaha BB mega-thread

Al Krow

2 minutes ago, Reggaebass said:

That was on my reverb watch list and it disappeared a while back, it’s been for sale for quite a while so I’m guessing they would take an offer, if I wasn’t looking for something else I’d have it, that neck pickup looks so good 

There was another black one at a cash converters near me - was showing as available until yesterday.

They don’t crop up often.

• Like 1

Congrats Andy it looks great.

I missed out on a red one on ebay about a month ago, it was collection only from the Hull so I could bid.

It only seems made £325, one bid.

As said the Attitude is an absolute tone monster, but it's a big neck! 

1 minute ago, Maude said:

Congrats Andy it looks great.

I missed out on a red one on ebay about a month ago, it was collection only from the Hull so I could bid.

It only seems made £325, one bid.

As said the Attitude is an absolute tone monster, but it's a big neck! 

Wow! £325!! I would’ve had that in a flash 🙄😂

That one on ebay had the original bag as well. 

Previous post meant to say I 'couldn't' bid, due to being collection only from Hull. He would package but I missed the end of the auction. 

It had a nasty scratch on the back but even so. 

Edited by Maude

On 03/08/2022 at 21:15, javi_bassist said:

It's finally here!! My BB414 has arrived. I must say that I am very surprised about the quality. It hadn't been played for some years (according to the seller) so I did a setup, some lemon oil, new string, intonation... Now it's perfect. It's a little bit heavy, but it plays like a dream. And it sounds really really good. I will probably change the bridge and the tuners (one of them is bent a little bit, even though still works) and I will add a pickguard. 

BB414.jpg

Gotta love metallic orange but please god don’t ruin it with an ugly pickguard. So much cleaner without!

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Maude said:

It's a sad, sad day in Chez Maude today. I have broken my one per decade rule and sold another bass. My BB1024X has gone. 😥

@Al Krow, strike the 1024X from the front page please... but add a 734a while you're editing. 😀

How are you getting on with the BEX?

12 minutes ago, andy67 said:

How are you getting on with the BEX?

It's been put on the back burner while a, I get some jobs on the house done, and b, I decide whether I'm going light or dark on the back and sides. 

Embarrassingly, as I have some Shell Pink paint left over I've bought a Telecaster to convert to bass and slop said pink paint over.

I don't have enough time for all these jobs, I DO NOT have enough time for all... Ooh look, another project bass! 🙄😁

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

22 minutes ago, Maude said:

It's a sad, sad day in Chez Maude today. I have broken my one per decade rule and sold another bass. My BB1024X has gone. 😥

@Al Krow, strike the 1024X from the front page please... but add a 734a while you're editing. 😀

Ahh no real point, you will realise your folly soon enough and be reversing that transaction 😁

Now how ridiculously out of date are ATs current entries?! 

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Al Krow said:

Ahh no real point, you will realise your folly soon enough and be reversing that transaction 😁

Now how ridiculously out of date are ATs current entries?! 

Leave it long enough, they’ll all be back.

3 are at bass bros currently 

2 hours ago, Maude said:

Embarrassingly, as I have some Shell Pink paint left over I've bought a Telecaster to convert to bass and slop said pink paint over.

I don't have enough time for all these jobs, I DO NOT have enough time for all... Ooh look, another project bass! 🙄😁

Can confirm shell pink short scales are a fun project 😁1066216020_PXL_20200806_163729295.PORTRAIT-01.COVER2-01.thumb.jpeg.1444fd9f0e10f1508c1eb824cb6a60c3.jpeg

• Like 2

On 08/08/2022 at 18:52, AndyTravis said:

Leave it long enough, they’ll all be back.

3 are at bass bros currently 

If anyone buys a bass that has a long piece of elastic attached to it, don't, whatever you do, let go of it. 

It'll be back in AT's house before you realise it's slipped your grasp. 

• Haha 1