Why become a member? ×

The Yamaha BB mega-thread

Al Krow

40 minutes ago, Reggaebass said:

Earlier on this year Guitarguitar had a sunburst/maple one of these for £400. I think there are several variants of the model with slight differences. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, javi_bassist said:

I got a pair of Delano pickups for my BB605. I tend to prefer the 605 to the 735. Both are really good, but the BB605 feels better in my hands. It feels even better than basses that I have that cost a lot more.

I agree my 605 is my favourite bass out of my lot. I prefer the preamp on my 734 but the 605 is so nice to play and still good enough to get some great tones. I might look into upgrading the pickups and preamp after seeing what @javi_bassist has done! 

1 hour ago, Folkesy said:

I agree my 605 is my favourite bass out of my lot. I prefer the preamp on my 734 but the 605 is so nice to play and still good enough to get some great tones. I might look into upgrading the pickups and preamp after seeing what @javi_bassist has done! 

In my case, I have already upgraded the preamp with a Delano. And I also included a passive tone. The bass itself is pretty amazing and comfortable. I think that with some investment it's a beast

• Like 1

On 19/12/2021 at 23:29, AndyTravis said:

Where am I looking Bri? Have missed a link somewhere 

I have purchased it now, its a MIT model..

Finally got my BB1100s today, its in near mint condition bar the 2 cracked knobs but I have to agree with @AndyTravis no difference to the MIJ model as I had one previously and I can't tell the difference..

• Like 1

Just now, Benzilla said:

That’s a beauty of a bass, I used to have that exact same model in a fretless, was fantastic and miss it dearly but wasn’t getting the use. Still got it’s natural fretted brother though. Excellent basses. Would love to come across that fretless again someday.

There was one on Facebook a few months back - long gone as it was well priced.

2 minutes ago, Benzilla said:

Noticed you were a BB fan btw, that’s how i ended up in this thread, but didn’t realise how much a fan you were! Ha

Yeah. I have a little book of BB’s and I tick them off - sort of like Pokémon Go, but for yamaha BB basses…

I’m on “stop” at the minute…

2 minutes ago, AndyTravis said:

Yeah. I have a little book of BB’s and I tick them off - sort of like Pokémon Go, but for yamaha BB basses…

I’m on “stop” at the minute…

My eyes have been opened to a new way of implementing Pokémon into every aspect if my life 😳

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, GMRbass said:

Hello 🤘

Would some of you know if there is any reason why some BBs(400s, 1000s, 2000s) come with this label on the back and some from the same series just don't?

Best and Happy New Year!

Unbenannt.JPG

Yamaha just seemed to start doing that in the 1990’s - don’t know why 🤷🏻‍♂️

• Like 1