Why become a member? ×

The Yamaha BB mega-thread

Al Krow

7 hours ago, Al Krow said:

Personally I'd get one of these over a PH...

image.png.3eeae95567e9303b828c5535e14a5267.png

Just lovely! And that reverse P pup is likely to be awesome - would love to hear one being played live.

The thing is, and yes I'm well aware of how rediculous a reason this is, I'm a massive Joy Division/early New Order fan, always have been since my teens. 

Anything that's not a Hooky signature bass just won't satisfy my want/lust/need/greed.

I am that sad man that I usually ridicule. 

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, Maude said:

The thing is, and yes I'm well aware of how rediculous a reason this is, I'm a massive Joy Division/early New Order fan, always have been since my teens. 

Anything that's not a Hooky signature bass just won't satisfy my want/lust/need/greed.

Just buy the damn thing! 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

10 hours ago, Maude said:

The thing is, I just don't need it. 

I'd like it but is that a good enough reason. 

I know they're not comparable but I'm really loving my reverse P 424 at the moment. 

@Reggaebasshas just posted the counter argument. 

I can't go tonight anyway so I'm going to see what happens tomorrow. 

When did NEED ever get in the way when it comes to basses?

Realistically none of us need more than 2 or 3 basses if we really admit it, but that doesn’t stop us from wanting 10, 20 or however many!

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Maude said:

The thing is, and yes I'm well aware of how ridiculous a reason this is, I'm a massive Joy Division/early New Order fan, always have been since my teens. 

I've come across far worse reasons for wanting a piece of kit than it's something that is associated with one of your heroes! No ridicule from me, mate.

14 hours ago, Maude said:

Well OK, but why this and not a genuine BB1200, which was used to produce those sounds and would set you back about the same amount?

34 minutes ago, pete.young said:

Well OK, but why this and not a genuine BB1200, which was used to produce those sounds and would set you back about the same amount?

I was gonna say the same thing. Get the actual model used rather than a marketing piece (in the nicest possible sense)!

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, dannybuoy said:

Crazy, my guess is that's going on the wall in a Hard Rock Cafe in Dubai, UAE etc.

Edited by bagsieblue

36 minutes ago, bagsieblue said:

Crazy, my guess is that's going on the wall in a Hard Rock Cafe in Dubai, UAE etc.

Is it crazy though? (Not a dig BTW 🙂

You could spend £15k on a car, and in ten years it's worth pennies. Where as this in ten years will be worth, well who knows, but it'll never be pennies. 

If I had the money to spare I'd have found it very hard to resist. But I can get uncharacteristically giddy over JD/NO stuff. 

13 minutes ago, andy67 said:

Had a hard paper round that one.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, andy67 said:

10 minutes ago, briansbrew said:

Is it worth a punt Andy 

anything on eBay in Japan it's worth checking on Digimart to see if the original shop will sell it to you rather than the tons of resellers on eBay... 
this one for instance is better condition and £450 plus shipping, plus VAT and import... 
https://www.digimart.net/cat03/shop169/DS07261732/ 

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, LukeFRC said:

anything on eBay in Japan it's worth checking on Digimart to see if the original shop will sell it to you rather than the tons of resellers on eBay... 
this one for instance is better condition and £450 plus shipping, plus VAT and import... 
https://www.digimart.net/cat03/shop169/DS07261732/ 

Looks like its sold Luke

7 hours ago, briansbrew said:

Is it worth a punt Andy 

Not for me. My 1600 was a bit more expensive but is immaculate(more or less).

this isn’t there, “player grade” needs to be less.

the one @LukeFRCSharedf was an absolute stunner. Might look for a bb-x in wine red 😂

Edited by AndyTravis

So I bought a brand new, boxed BBPH yesterday.

Then I didn’t.

That was a lot of excitement and disappointment all in one brief moment.

I’ve asked Mrs Travis for help understanding this conflict of emotions as that’s what going to bed with me is like.