Why become a member? ×

The Yamaha BB mega-thread

Al Krow

22 minutes ago, krispn said:

But is the price sensible 🤭

Hmm, well, yeah, kind of, I think. 😁

I'm kicking myself I never bagged one new. Now any I've seen come up are more than they were new. 

£1000 but up for sensible offers. Advert suggests postage is included in that, so if I collected there should be some decent wiggle room. 

What's the general concensus on the price of these. Are they going to keep rising, in which case I need to get one soon, or are they gonna peak and then start to come down after a few years and the novelty has gone (pun most definitely intended), in which case I'll wait?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Maude said:

I'm kicking myself I never bagged one new. Now any I've seen come up are more than they were new. 

£1000 but up for sensible offers. Advert suggests postage is included in that, so if I collected there should be some decent wiggle room. 

What's the general concensus on the price of these. Are they going to keep rising, in which case I need to get one soon, or are they gonna peak and then start to come down after a few years and the novelty has gone (pun most definitely intended), in which case I'll wait?

I reckon a grand to £1500 for regular and for the 5 signed ones from PMT, sky’s the limit. 

Will you outlive Hooky?

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Maude said:

So if I got it for less than a grand it would actually be an investment really then. A sensible purchase and something not be passed up on. 

😁

are you looking for a balanced sensible response or us to just agree with you to help you convince Mrs Maude? 

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, Maude said:

Where in Manchester is it for sale @Maude

29 minutes ago, briansbrew said:

Where in Manchester is it for sale @Maude

Manchester? That's a long drive from Cornwall. 😉

It's in Wellington, Somerset. Sounds a long way from Cornwall but I'm only just in Cornwall and the bass is only just in Somerset, so just a quick blast through Devon in reality. 

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, Maude said:

Manchester? That's a long drive from Cornwall. 😉

It's in Wellington, Somerset. Sounds a long way from Cornwall but I'm only just in Cornwall and the bass is only just in Somerset, so just a quick blast through Devon in reality. 

I need to go to Specsavers 🤪

• Haha 3

I think £1000 is a good price for the uniqueness of it and the hooky connection will appeal to some. I think folk might struggle to get big money for one in a few years and it might see a surge once Hooky snuffs it. If you can nab one for 1k or offers it’s defo worth a punt on what seems to be a decent giggable bass. 

Edited by krispn
  • Like 1

How much does a used bb734a cost?

How much would having the split pickup reversed and the bridge pickup and 2nd vol knob removed cost?

How much would having it refinished in classic bb red cost?

How much would you lose trying to sell the resulting bodge job?

Does a grand for the real thing still seem expensive?

• Like 1

The thing is, I just don't need it. 

I'd like it but is that a good enough reason. 

I know they're not comparable but I'm really loving my reverse P 424 at the moment. 

@Reggaebasshas just posted the counter argument. 

I can't go tonight anyway so I'm going to see what happens tomorrow. 

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, TheGreek said:

🤣🤣🤣

Saw the £20 and the make an offer option, so offered £15,declined. £17, declined. Final offer £18.50 (got to feel like I'm getting something off), declined. 

Thought why bother putting offers if you've set your auto decline limit at virtually the asking price?

Then saw it was an auction. 🤣🤣🤣

• Haha 1