Why become a member? ×

The Yamaha BB mega-thread

Al Krow

@acroxixo kicking in from 0:58 what a great full meaty bass tone and fits so well with the style of music! 

I was trying to work out your settings from the video - looked like you had it on PJ combined and I'm guessing with the treble dialled down a bit?

And another nice demo of what a great bass the BB1025 is! 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Al Krow said:

@acroxixo kicking in from 0:58 what a great full meaty bass tone and fits so well with the style of music! 

I was trying to work out your settings from the video - looked like you had it on PJ combined and I'm guessing with the treble dialled down a bit?

And another nice demo of what a great bass the BB1025 is! 

Thanks @Al Krow

Yes, the settings are right. I roll back the tone 30/40%. 

• Like 2

I think it's fair to say this is a heavy relic! :) Picked this up from Andy Travis over the weekend and put it back together with some new wiring for VVT and a push pull capacitor selector. Yet to do a proper setup but sounds great! Is it possible to get a matching knob for a solid shaft rather than knurled?

IMG_20210913_163801.jpg

IMG_20210913_163748.jpg

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Hacksawbob said:

I think it's fair to say this is a heavy relic! :) Picked this up from Andy Travis over the weekend and put it back together with some new wiring for VVT and a push pull capacitor selector. Yet to do a proper setup but sounds great! Is it possible to get a matching knob for a solid shaft rather than knurled?

IMG_20210913_163801.jpg

IMG_20210913_163748.jpg

I'm sure Andy's got a few! Those fretless BB350F are fantastic,I got Andy's white one, I love it 😁

Whilst searching YouTube for decent videos of the BBP34 (or even just one) I came across this old one of James Lomenzo bigging up the laminated quartersawn neck of the BB2024. At one point he says "....most of your tone comes from the neck...." which would be an enjoyable bomb to drop into a TB tonewood squabble ;) but he also makes a connection between neck stability and the immediacy of a note's tone

• Like 1