Why become a member? ×

The Yamaha BB mega-thread

Al Krow

3 hours ago, TheGreek said:

Nice condition. There are a couple of guys on here local to there. I`m in Falkirk most days delivering, I will drop him a line and see how much he actually wants for it.

Now look what you've gone and made me do! Popped into the local store and see the exact bass I have been looking for! Needed (wanted!) something with a bit of clank and zing to compliment the Ibanez with flats on. Not too horendous a price, and got a bit knocked off for a dodgy G tuning peg. that was rattling. it's been bent so a bit of blue tack on it til I find a replacement :)  Anyone know where to get one if BTN are out of stock?

20210718_112503.jpg

• Like 5

12 minutes ago, Hacksawbob said:

Now look what you've gone and made me do! Popped into the local store and see the exact bass I have been looking for! Needed (wanted!) something with a bit of clank and zing to compliment the Ibanez with flats on. Not too horendous a price, and got a bit knocked off for a dodgy G tuning peg. that was rattling. it's been bent so a bit of blue tack on it til I find a replacement :)  Anyone know where to get one if BTN are out of stock?

20210718_112503.jpg

I’d say BTN first.

Or

[email protected]

Also - @lee650 is after a template for a 425/1025 pickguard if you could trace yours?

Theyre not as templated/available as the 4 string version xxx

Edited by AndyTravis
  • Like 2

12 minutes ago, krispn said:

Is that generally considered a decent price? It seems reasonable…

Yeah, decent that - anything under £300 and you’re getting what you’d pay £600+ for on a fender.

I was stunned that the red one I’ve just bought was under £300

• Like 1

I've just been totting up what I've spent on bassy things in the last 12 months (2 Yamahas, 1 Squier, 1 Dimarzio, 1 failed attempt to buy a G&L, 3 set ups, 2 multieffects units, 1 studio monitor, 1 case, 1 pickup, 6 picks, 3256 strings, leafs, stands, straps, straplocks etc) 

Amongst that carnage, the £300 spent on the 424 I've played the majority of that time is seeming thoroughly insignificant.

Which is my long-winded way of saying, hurry up and get that bass bought. 

• Like 1

I’ve had a newer BB which I really liked but it was around the time I was offloading a heap of gear to get a deposit for my flat. I prefer the look of the newer BB’s but I’m not adverse to trying one out. I also played the BB’s when guitar guitar we’re doing a blow out, some mates have owned them way back in the day so I’m no stranger to them but most of it was back in my youth. 

• Like 1