Why become a member? ×

The Yamaha BB mega-thread

Al Krow

20 minutes ago, AndyTravis said:

Gutted now, thinking of going back to 45-105 and Walshy had about 5 sets the other week cheap 🤦🏻‍♂️

These are cheaper than his were - most retailers have them for well over £30 a set, he was doing them at £25 a set, Bass Direct are £22 a set ( + postage)

• Thanks 1

This question doesn't belong here, but I wanted to ask it in a discreet corner. My previous Yamaha has just arrived at B@ss D¹rect. I'm surprised by how much they think its worth, and am just curious to know how they usually play things: price it high and wait patiently for someone to pay that? price it high and then offer cheeky discounts to enthuse potential buyers? start the price high and steadily lower it until it finds a buyer? 

44 minutes ago, Ricky Rioli said:

I'm surprised by how much they think its worth, and am just curious to know how they usually play things: price it high and wait patiently for someone to pay that? price it high and then offer cheeky discounts to enthuse potential buyers? start the price high and steadily lower it until it finds a buyer? 

I've sold about a dozen instruments over the years through them. Price high and drop over time if no interest. Not sure about post Brexit, but most of the sales went to Europe.

If it's in good condition, 75% of new price isn't out of the question, minus their commission. I've sold one at full retail price after owning for 4 years, they were still available new too.

Totally depends on brand and popularity though.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1