Why become a member? ×

The Yamaha BB mega-thread

Al Krow

Does anyone happen to have a spare set of BB300 (or the type used on the BBs from the early 80s) tuners lying around? I need 2 for my new BB300.

There is a set on ebay but they're in the states and the seller won't send anything overseas. 

It's not the be all and end all but as it's an old bass in good nick I want to keep it original.

Pics of the tuners I want below.

Cheers!

20210610_105505.jpg

I've been more than happy since my 424 arrived at the start of January, but since I'm limbering to the possibility that my G&L has been lost, somehow, I treated it to a visit to the tech for a well-earned once over. Just got a text from him: "....I've finished the setup on your bass this week. No issues, and a much lower action...." That's got the weekend off to a very good start 😊

I've been having to play the noodle-thin TRBX this week and my hand is missing that chunky x24 neck. Which seems counterintuitive, but there we are.

On 10/06/2021 at 11:22, TheGreek said:

@AndyTravis was also looking for a set - no idea if he found them...

No. I’m going Gotoh Lollipop in gold for the build bb.

I had 3 full sets of the BB tuners at one point.

Now I have some parts. Might be enough to make up 2 full tuners?

With your parts too?

will look for you @EJWW

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, AndyTravis said:

Was it not Laser Blue? 

Either way. It’s ace

The attitude mk1s came in two colours, thunder blue and lightening red. Billy’s sig BB was a custom 3000 in rose blue. But yeah, either way, awesome colours. 

17 minutes ago, andy67 said:

The attitude mk1s came in two colours, thunder blue and lightening red. Billy’s sig BB was a custom 3000 in rose blue. But yeah, either way, awesome colours. 

Think the special (cheaper model) is referred to as laser. That’s the one I wanted - got a surf green, ah well.

14 minutes ago, Ricky Rioli said:

If you were to choose the orange 414 would that indicate that not just one but both the recent 424s were superfluous? 😇

No. The 1300 and 414 are wearing 40-100’s and the the 424 wears 45-105.

All different 😉

And the Sunburst has a new home in Kent.

Can I rejoin the BB club please? With this wee number:

BBG4sII in white.

Theres a story to this. My Dad and I visited sound control in glasgow around 96 looking for my first proper bass. I had been playing a cheap p bass copy which was OK but i wanted something a bit special. I picked this out, and my mum and dad got it for my christmas. Regrettably, around 6 years later, i thought it would be cool to put a bass trem on it,  strip the paint, then defret it! I also painted a red stripe on it. I then sold it on ebay. 

Anyways, I've been hunting another one down for years for nostalgia sake, but it seems they mostly came in different colours other than white. This one came up on Facebook marketplace so had to go for it! 

Getting this in my hands make me regret mutilating the original even more! It's actually a very capable bass! feels great to play, and the hardware is solid. Sound-wise lets it down slightly. possibly because I'm used to having a mid EQ, but because it only has bass treble you're kinda limited - but it's easily giggable, which hopefully i will soon!

I love it. brings back some seriously nice memories of jamming to tunes in my bedroom, through my hifi, with my big earphones. I wonder if theres some muscle memory going on which makes this feel better than it actually is, because I played this ALOT! haha

2NT01860.jpg

2NT01862.jpg

2NT01863.jpg

• Like 7

4 hours ago, AndyTravis said:

No. I’m going Gotoh Lollipop in gold for the build bb.

I had 3 full sets of the BB tuners at one point.

Now I have some parts. Might be enough to make up 2 full tuners?

With your parts too?

will look for you @EJWW

Many thanks Andy 👍