Why become a member? ×

The Yamaha BB mega-thread

Al Krow

2 hours ago, Richard Jinman said:

Noice. Not close enough…and possibly a bit more than I wanted to pay. Will think on that 👍🏼

7 hours ago, Richard Jinman said:

It's in nice nick however i can't help noticing that there is quite a noticeable neck pocket gap on the bass side. Not sure how much that would bother me as it is otherwise lovely. 

12 minutes ago, EJWW said:

It's in nice nick however i can't help noticing that there is quite a noticeable neck pocket gap on the bass side. Not sure how much that would bother me as it is otherwise lovely. 

Ive never seen a yamaha neck pocket with a big gap.

I’d want my hands on that before buying 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, AndyTravis said:

Ive never seen a yamaha neck pocket with a big gap.

I’d want my hands on that before buying 

It could just be the light, can't be sure without a closer look. I really love it though, good photos really make for a good advert.

Screenshot_20210605-141440_Gumtree.jpg

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, EJWW said:

It could just be the light, can't be sure without a closer look. I really love it though, good photos really make for a good advert.

Screenshot_20210605-141440_Gumtree.jpg

I’d say light - looks fine down the side of the neck, Yamaha are one of the most consistent mass manufacturers going. The two bb 424’s I had were only a couple of grams apart and very close to my 414 weight wise.

Ive had fenders at 7.5 and up to 11lbs and neck pockets from the 90’s which were gappy too.

Not fender bashing at all - love a good fender.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Al Krow said:

You'll be getting a non reversed Sandberg VM4... 

I'd have the MM a bit higher than they did, with the bottom coil in the J position. The gap they have between the lugs bothers me though, not sure if that can be avoided however.

1 hour ago, LukeFRC said:

Captain Hindsight here - what do you think the going rate of a BBPH is?
I knew I should have pulled the trigger when I had one of the signed ones in my shopping basket when they came out

An unsigned one sold on eBay for just north of £2k a week or so back. A screenshot of the sale was posted on this thread. Goodness knows what a signed one is worth now!