3B67E105-9DD4-465C-91C0-FF697B223F15.jpeg

I've had both the 424 and the 1024 and I wouldnt' pay that for the 1024 pickups

44 minutes ago, LloydyG10 said:

I do just, Mr Travis 😉

1169821736_Untitled(2).png.ca0955820cf19621ada88492118f6deb.png

Will go nice with my Vintage White BB414 I purchased from Mojo last year

20210418_161014.thumb.jpg.75aeee9d487b205d41c4ff15478808be.jpg

Congrats!!

Looking at the "wall of shame" on the OP it seems that BB415s are pretty rare beasts, in fact you're the only out of all of us who I know has one!

1 hour ago, Al Krow said:

Congrats!!

Looking at the "wall of shame" on the OP it seems that BB415s are pretty rare beasts, in fact you're the only out of all of us who I know has one!

You can add a recently acquired 414 next to my name @Al Krow

4 minutes ago, EJWW said:

You can add a recently acquired 414 next to my name @Al Krow

Done 😊

And if anyone else would like their "wall of shame" entry on the OP updating or being included for the first time - please feel free to let me know (on here or by PM) and I'll happily oblige.

It's informative / nice to know what folk are playing and deciding to hold on to - particularly as a few of the models are over 30 years old and all the way through to the PH released just a few months back which shot straight to the top of the popularity charts, certainly on this side of the pond!

• Like 1

I picked up a 2017 434 a few weeks back; I hadn't posted up as I am a bit underwhelmed tbh, the barely finished neck doesn't feel that nice and the frets have a bit of sprout or were badly finished especially on the lower edge, and it has clearly not been played much; all the Squiers I have had have generally been better finished. it'll make a decent modding platform perhaps, we'll see

mind I'm not buying 1024x pickups at that price 😲

• Sad 1

14 minutes ago, Aidan63 said:

I picked up a 2017 434 a few weeks back; I hadn't posted up as I am a bit underwhelmed tbh, the barely finished neck doesn't feel that nice and the frets have a bit of sprout or were badly finished especially on the lower edge, and it has clearly not been played much; all the Squiers I have had have generally been better finished. it'll make a decent modding platform perhaps, we'll see

mind I'm not buying 1024x pickups at that price 😲

If they were £180 I would’ve done a foolish thing

I've decided that once the set of Rotosound Swing Bass on my 424 needs changing I'll be going back to GHS Boomers. The Swing Bass are great strings, with bags of tonal variety .... much of which doesnt suit the simple character of this bass at all. It seems to want a nice rich middle of the road tone. Anything trebly or bassy just seems to drop away alarmingly, and playing is one long struggle to keep a nice even line so that doesnt happen. No fun. (Bridge pickup with tone on 0% sounds sexy though)

25 minutes ago, acroxixo said:

Yesterday was the first gig of the year. 
The BB1025 was fantastic 😆

Here is a phone video from the gig. 
The bass sound was DI from the Bergantino to front of house. 
Use 🎧

It’s not the sort of music I would normally listen to but that’s superb acro, love it ☝️

• Thanks 1

I took the chance to visit a big store (Musicstore) again this week. I need a lightweight but powerfull cab because due to Corona a lot of bands are history and I started checkig out projects. I don't want to carry my 37kg bass cab every time.  I liked the Hartke HD500 combo. It's really loud and sounds very good but I went the combo way before and I like it analog and oldschool. 🙂 I tested all the cabs with a BB 234 (!) it was the only BB with fresh strings in the shop. Went back in the shop the next day with my own BB to be sure... and I ordered a Glockenklang Uno Rock Art light. A 15" cab that is a stand alone cab. I love the warmth of a good 15" and this cab with the Glockenklang wide angle dome tweeter sounds awesome! 
Actually, I was impressed by the BB234. It sounded very good for a low budget bass ! 

Edited by gobasserk

Since my G&L has gone seriously AWOL on its journey from the US, I'm letting myself daydream about what I would fritter the money on if it never reappeared.

So ... a white 1024, obviously ... and then a MIJ 300 in nice nick as well ... 43mm nut, no bridge pickup, reverse split pickup, metallic red - four solid differences to justify having both, yes? Mmm, yes.

A more sensible daydream would be a used BBP34, but what's the point of daydreaming if you're just going to be sensible?

27 minutes ago, LukeFRC said:

The majority of the photos on a google search for the VI have the split reversed. And look rather more tatty than that one. Searching BC found someone calling it "Like an earlier/posher BB300"

9 minutes ago, Ricky Rioli said:

The majority of the photos on a google search for the VI have the split reversed. And look rather more tatty than that one. Searching BC found someone calling it "Like an earlier/posher BB300"

It’s also cheaper direct

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Ricky Rioli said:

Searching BC found someone calling it "Like an earlier/posher BB300"

I also found that @hypercarrots had one, and also mentions its similarity to a 300.

Theres also a couple of mentions of the VIs, shorter than 34" scale.

And that appears to be the sum total of info on BC about them. Five years ago someone was selling one on TB, saying "These were originally made for the Japanese market. They're super rare outside of Japan. Actually got mine direct from Japan."