Why become a member? ×

The Yamaha BB mega-thread

Al Krow

21 hours ago, javi_bassist said:

I'd say that it didn't look exactly like that, but I'm not sure. As soon as I get the bass back, I will let you know. 

My BB605 and 604 don't have this type of preamp. They have two green PCBs but no reference to NE-1. I'm presuming they are not NE-1 as surely there needs to be a reason they were significantly cheaper than the 2005 and NE basses. 

They still sound great and have a wide sonic capabilities.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Folkesy said:

My BB605 and 604 don't have this type of preamp. They have two green PCBs but no reference to NE-1. I'm presuming they are not NE-1 as surely there needs to be a reason they were significantly cheaper than the 2005 and NE basses. 

They still sound great and have a wide sonic capabilities.

Well....the plot thickens...

Could you upload some pics?

I’ve been playing the 1024 all this week, and with the RM500 on the same settings, the low end output is surprisingly higher than my US jazz and the Sandberg in passive mode, and all of them have the same labella LTF’s fitted, the bass is so much deeper, so nice 

• Like 3

Played a reahearsal yesterday with the green BB1000ma over the ABM600/ 410. Sweet tone. I just love that bass. Nice growl when played with both pu's.
I think, I will phone the lacquer guy tomorrow.... metallic gold for one of the next BB's........

3 minutes ago, gobasserk said:

Played a rehearsal yesterday with the green BB1000ma over the ABM600/ 410. Sweet tone. I just love that bass. Nice growl when played with both pu's. I think, I will phone the lacquer guy tomorrow.

Fantastic!

4 minutes ago, gobasserk said:

.... metallic gold for one of the next BB's........

Terrible!

😂

That price makes it sound as if they would really rather not sell them, as they would just have to go to the bother of making more to refresh the stocks. Perhaps they want to offer a service to the needy, with as little risk as possible of causing themselves the hassle that comes with turnover.