Why become a member? ×

The Yamaha BB mega-thread

Al Krow

Guest MoJo
20 hours ago, AndyTravis said:

Has anyone got a bb425x/1025x/2025x pickguard spare, or can lend me one for a template? Or draw around theirs accurately for a template?

Thanks

I think I know where this one is going 

16 minutes ago, Al Krow said:

#Me too 😁

And hats off to Andy for being a bit of a BC hero on this.

I’m bang at it all the time. 

Happy to sell/swap the (slightly worn) 1024 guard I have to sort @lee650 out with a 5 string version - they’re frustratingly close 😣

2444AE35-AE8F-4EA9-91C5-D5D114392998.jpeg

C288D540-EC2A-4D16-BE3F-076AF31FAB70.jpeg

• Like 2

Guest MoJo
12 hours ago, TheGreek said:

BB425 for £350 😲 (Good luck with that one)

£150 for the 235 is a good buy, if you live near Aberdeen

Edited by MoJo

10 hours ago, Al Krow said:

Wonder who picked up that very tasty BB 604 NE1 that sold within 5 hours?! 

I was seriously tempted but that would just be greedy. I love my 605 and 604 the build quality, playability and sound are top quality.

37 minutes ago, Folkesy said:

I was seriously tempted but that would just be greedy. I love my 605 and 604 the build quality, playability and sound are top quality.

Does your 605 have the NE1 circuit also? Dunno if you have come across a 2005 also in your travels and been able to compare them?

And I have no idea how they sound / play compared to the current line up, but I'm guessing more similarities than differences ie you know you're playing a Yammy BB! 

4 hours ago, Moos3h said:

This thread makes me want an 605 NE1.  Fact.

You mean all the hours we've spent discussing the current NE2, PH, P35, 735A, 435, 235 and former 2025, 1025, 425, 615, 415, 2005, (and all their 4 string versions) plus some sexy MAs and you want a 605 NE1?!

😁

Edited by Al Krow
Missed a few off the list!

OMG!!!

Just fitted a set of Status tapewounds (40-120) to my BB5GS - man, what a change in tone. Absolutely monster tones - feels like being kicked in the chest by Darth Vader wearing size 14 Doctor Marten boots.

Highly recommend to anybody who wants to start a volcanic eruption on the Moon.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Moos3h said:

This thread makes me want an 605 NE1.  Fact.

3 minutes ago, Al Krow said:

You mean all the hours we've spent discussing the current PH, P35, 735A, 435, 235 and former 1025, 425, 415 (and all their 4 string versions) plus some sexy MAs and you want a 605 NE1?!

😁

I don't he said anything about exclusively...

As I often say "everything is nice but more is better".

My rig for medium to large stages. With monitoring this combination never lets you down. There are more cabs in case Metallica is calling but usually I take only one with me 😎

ash1 (2).jpeg

Edited by gobasserk
  • Like 5
  • Haha 1

This feels like the best £350 I’ve spent in a long while. BB450 in coffee burst from a guy in Tyne and Wear. Immaculate condition (has an Omega bridge not the original sadly) and with a new set of La Bella black tape wounds sounds incredible to my ears. Even got a non OEM hard case. Old BBs are just brilliant value (not that anyone here needs convincing)

06695169-97AC-4B98-95B3-03BFA1BF0E09.jpeg

• Like 7

52 minutes ago, Richard Jinman said:

This feels like the best £350 I’ve spent in a long while. BB450 in coffee burst from a guy in Tyne and Wear. Immaculate condition (has an Omega bridge not the original sadly) and with a new set of La Bella black tape wounds sounds incredible to my ears. Even got a non OEM hard case. Old BBs are just brilliant value (not that anyone here needs convincing)

06695169-97AC-4B98-95B3-03BFA1BF0E09.jpeg

Love that - wish he’d have posted when I asked.

what a beauty 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, AndyTravis said:

Love that - wish he’d have posted when I asked.

what a beauty 

Unusual colour isn’t it. The neck pup sounds particularly good so it’s going to be the P to my 1100s J. Did you contact the seller about it as well Andy? Was a Gumtree ad. I spoke to him on the phone and it sounded like he was winding down his playing. He also mentioned “my BB2000s” which is tantalising!

• Like 1