Why become a member? ×

The Yamaha BB mega-thread

Al Krow

6 minutes ago, sykilz said:

My BB has been packed away for a while, been playing on my 'little' Ibanez mezzo which is a nice enough instrument, however got it out this weekend and am in love with it all over again. Was still in tune too. EDB43698-C7ED-45F7-AAC1-2A3A4E8260EE.thumb.jpeg.7dc5064e6dddf4b02da6bae49708b7ce.jpeg

Looks like a BB414 if I'm not mistaken?

2 minutes ago, EJWW said:

Looks like a BB414 if I'm not mistaken?

Indeed. Got it from  basschat , gigged at pub level for 3 or 4 years most weekends, and to be honest I don't think I'd gig any other type of bass now, ( if I ever were to gig again), it's just so solid and sounds great.

1 minute ago, Ricky Rioli said:

I'm holding that photo up to my sunburst 424 and asking it, wouldn't you much rather look like that?!

I do love the white, but my absolute favourites were the red sunburst type one and the orange sparkle, of which there are two for sale and I'm soooooo tempted!!!!

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Fil1ip said:

I got a job lot of books the other day and this was nice to see.

PXL_20210416_180306395.jpg

That caption is weird, and I can,'t read what's written on the headstock properly.

From what I've seen, a BB1200 (my cover photo) has one reverse P pickup, two black flat-top plastic knobs with numbers and that's it.

• Like 1

I finally found a guy that does great lacquer jobs for a reasonable price and I will bring him a first bass, a 1000MA for a new finish tomorrow. If I like the result, I may buy quiet a number of other Yamaha's to get them turned in my own signature basses. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, BassApprentice said:

That’s the first bbn4, they had a 3+1 headstock and apparently Musicman weren’t best pleased.

They crop up occasionally, but not at £400

1 hour ago, LukeFRC said:

You know I don’t think that’s something you’ve meantioned before

We're clearly struggling with aging memories...for the life of me, I can't remember you ever commenting about me mentioning that before. 

Edited by Al Krow
Typos, memory loss...