Why become a member? ×

The Yamaha BB mega-thread

Al Krow

1 minute ago, BassApprentice said:

You can go years without seeing an orange BB for sale and now there's 2 in as many days 😂

Very tempted... 

I owned the 1024 - mega special bass.

the 414 won for me - but I’m clueless as my entire basschat history will prove.

Was tempted by the 414 (obviously idiot move) - still hoping @marleaux62 is selling the bb1300 at some point - the more I ask, the more he says no 😂

• Like 1

On 09/04/2021 at 20:39, Richard Jinman said:

Are there any BB1100s players out there who have found another BB (or another non Yamaha bass) with the same neck profile. If you’ve got one you’ll know how good it feels... incredibly flat, a little wider than a jazz. I bought a BB1600 and a Bb2000 assuming they would have necks that were similar or the same. I was wrong: they feel much thicker, more akin to a P neck. So, is the 1100s neck shared by another vintage BB or will I just have to find another 1100s?

I've never played an 1100, but that sounds like a good description of the neck on my BB800.

Pricing a BB1600 

I have a BB1600 I’m thinking of shifting on here but I’m genuinely unsure about a price. I’ve just sold my BB2000 and I’m going to keep my 1100s. Anyway, the 1600 is black with gold tuners etc and has plenty of cosmetic dings, but is a great player. I don’t have the original case so it travels in a Gator. Obviously, things are worth what someone’s prepared to pay for them etc etc, but I’d appreciate some thoughts on a starting price. Thanks.

Edited by Richard Jinman

6 minutes ago, Richard Jinman said:

Pricing a BB1600 

I have a BB1600 I’m thinking of shifting on here but I’m genuinely unsure about a price. I’ve just sold my BB2000 and I’m going to keep my 1100s. Anyway, the 1600 is black with gold tuners etc and has plenty of cosmetic dings, but is a great player. I don’t have the original case so it travels in a Gator. Obviously, things are worth what someone’s prepared to pay for them etc etc, but I’d appreciate some thoughts on a rough idea on a starting price. Thanks.

They don’t come up often - and are well thought of due to the Tony Kanal connection.

They’re often listed as BB-X in Japan (think there’s a slight variation on VVT Bs VTSwitch.

I’d say between £500 and £800. Happy to be wrong.

One in Wine Red sold on here for £450 about 5 years ago. So I’m about right.

I got offered a lovely 1600 for about £800 a year ago and all that stopped me was that it was in San Francisco and the import duty would’ve been massive.

it was a later model in a metallic blue/green. 

Edited by AndyTravis
  • Like 1

22 hours ago, AndyTravis said:

I’ve messaged the seller. It’d cost the same in fuel for me to go and get it.

Offered to have it collected by a courier and she’s said “someone’s just messaged to say they’ll collect tomorrow...”

🤨😔

Hey Andy, I've got one that I don't really use. Still fretless. One very bad ding to the back of body (in fact a small chunk of wood missing). I'm not at home now, will post pics later. Bought in 2015 from a nice Basschatter named Rich, we met up at King's X Station. I paid £150 then and would want £90 now. I also wouldn't be able to organise a box as all guitar stores are closed here in Edinburgh. 

• Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, such said:

Hey Andy, I've got one that I don't really use. Still fretless. One very bad ding to the back of body (in fact a small chunk of wood missing). I'm not at home now, will post pics later. Bought in 2015 from a nice Basschatter named Rich, we met up at King's X Station. I paid £150 then and would want £90 now. I also wouldn't be able to organise a box as all guitar stores are closed here in Edinburgh. 

Cool. If it’s not too much bother - fire me over some pics. 

If I don’t jump on it...I’m sure someone here will.

On 11/04/2021 at 17:27, AndyTravis said:

Cool. If it’s not too much bother - fire me over some pics. 

If I don’t jump on it...I’m sure someone here will.

I've played it for the first time in ages and I don't think it's available anymore 😅

IMG_20210412_145520_edit_426757548533836.jpg

IMG_20210412_161306.jpg

IMG_20210412_161301.jpg

• Haha 1