Why become a member? ×

The Yamaha BB mega-thread

Al Krow

We don't have Photoshop at home and the result is not as good as Luke's visions but...

This is more or less what my 1000 shall look like. Hardware will be gold then. Doing this in the pic absolutely exeeds my skills 😛 

BB1000mamred1k.png

Edited by gobasserk
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, gobasserk said:

The cool think is that it sound like a warm Alembic tone 😍

IhdsT0XY.jpeg

got the carve for slapping too - reminds me a bit of the ones you see on early TRB but further up the neck

Edited by LukeFRC
Well maybe not early ones, but some of they you see around

2 hours ago, LukeFRC said:

was trying to find a clip of a BB1300 and internet led me to this 

which someone said in a link was a Yamaha BB.... but is it? the top looks carved 

Louis is on fire, he'd have literally snapped that bass in two if the string hadn't stopped him! Thanks for sharing this, love it! 

29 minutes ago, LukeFRC said:

5 strings and it’s white - had one of these yet @Al Krow?

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/332428338193561/

Good shout Luke. I looked at that a couple of years back and very nearly bought it when it was up for sale back then for (I think) £800.

My 5 string active bass itch is currently totally being dealt with by my Spector EURO LX5 which is simply blowing me away!

That depends on the colour of the bass Al ! But what do you have? 

Edit: Played a Spector Euro 5 in the Musicstore Cologne last year and I can understand any enthusiasm for this basses. They sound like a dream. Typical American EMG noble bass sound! 

Edited by gobasserk
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, gobasserk said:

That depends on the colour of the bass Al ! But what do you have? 

Edit: Played a Spector Euro 5 in the Musicstore Cologne last year and I can understand any enthusiasm for this basses. They sound like a dream. Typical American EMG noble bass sound! 

krispn was referring to the BB 5000A that was linked to a few posts back. The only basses I have with gold hardware on them are these:

Schecter II.jpg

Yamaha BB NE2 II.jpg

PS you are clearly a person appreciates the finer things in life with your comments about the Spector Euro 5 :) 

Edited by Al Krow
  • Like 2

I choose white for my own bass creation but did find gold "too much" back then for it. It recieved black hardware. I love that thing live because it lights up even when you are not in the center of the stage..
That's why I got disenchanted with black basses. That's also the reason why I do a lot of stuff on top of my 1000's... black is not visible on most band live pics .. 😉 

Yup and apparently he can also confirm he is well happy with his current herd and has advised that there is no particular need to link him to basses that haven't sold to anyone else for a couple of years, but appreciates the well meaning gesture behind this. He seeks to pass on his good wishes to anyone still struggling with the thumb rest string on their own bass and recommends just giving it a bit of time. After all, he feels that if he managed to transition to 5 strings, it shouldn't be beyond the capability of any basic level bass player with a bit of perseverance 😉

• Haha 1