Why become a member? ×

The Yamaha BB mega-thread

Al Krow

7 hours ago, AndyTravis said:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/184621401586617/permalink/3668062106575845/?sale_post_id=3668062106575845

Nice BB300 here, think at £300 it’s a push as it’s got a few marks. But they’re undoubtedly worth that.

Looks like a mid 80’s Taiwanese one.

It’s close to me too! Which hardly ever happens. 

I saw another video of the guy where he explains that he is playing a modded 1024 or 2024. Too be honest I only remember that he said that he changed the pickup's  (and the electronic's ) but I can't remember if it had already the reversed pickups. But I'm sure I can find the video again. So I think it should be a 1024 or 2024 where he changed the pu position - the custom made pickguard supports that thought.. 😉 

• Thanks 1

This is not THE video I was referring to but in it he is playing a black 1024...  Still searching for THE vid..
(go to 3:08 min) 

Edit: Well actually it already has he reversed pickups! So it is the 1024 !! 

Edited by gobasserk
  • Like 2

By the way...this 1024 sounds FANTASTIC !!! 🥰
I just put on fresh steel's on one of my 1000MA'S... used nckels for a time now..but had a set of D'Addarios in an box somewhere... man this is piano string !  I'm in love with that bass ! 
I need to have it. Oh, it's already mine ❤️

Edited by gobasserk

19 minutes ago, gobasserk said:

This is not THE video I was referring to but in it he is playing a black 1024...  Still searching for THE vid..
(go to 3:08 min) 

Edit: Well actually it already has he reversed pickups! So it is the 1024 !! 

Are they EMG’s?

I don't think so because you can see the pole pieces of the pickups if you watch the video in the fullscreen modus... but I might be wrong here

I think I remember him talking about an Aguilar preamp ? (In the video that I am still searching for) 

Edited by gobasserk

"Steve Cook started as a touring bass player when printed maps were the only way to get there. His extensive studio and touring credits run the gamut from rock to jazz to country. Also a busy producer and WWII aviation junkie, he welcomes you to reach out via Twitter @shinybass."

from Premier Guitar website, maybe invite him to post up about it, or share alink to the video explaining exactly what he has done to it

• Like 1

1 minute ago, jezzaboy said:

That was looking not too bad until the last line 

• Will Be Sent Well Packaged & Fully Tracked With ParcelForce 48B|

It’s just too messed with to be a £300 BB300.

Didnt realise the machineheads had been swapped (didn’t look at all photos) and the relentless mentions of “road worn” probably means it’s rough as derrière.

• Like 1

Just now, gobasserk said:

In my opinion too much for a BB 300  without the decals ( why do yo do such a thing?) It does not look good in any way! Knobs....🙈🙈

If it’s was £100 (I think that’s where it should be in that state) -

I would get it, and have Dave Wilson do a Nice paint job on it, matching headstock with new Decal...