Why become a member? ×

The Yamaha BB mega-thread

Al Krow

5 hours ago, M@23 said:

If we’re going LEDs I think I’ll take a blue sparkle one, with blue LEDs, please 😁

I’d go big for an 8.5lb one, sub 8 would be incredible, but I don’t want to seem greedy. 

1 hour ago, gobasserk said:

Please.... red sparkle............ 🙂 

yamaha-bb734a-tsuper-bling.jpg

yamaha-bb734a-red-bling.jpg

• Like 2

2 hours ago, gobasserk said:

I like Michaels signature flame bass 🙂

BB10.jpg

there was always that lad at school with a shirt that looked like that wasn't there? (possibly a generational thing - I knew @AndyTravis would know what I meant if nobody else) 

Edited by LukeFRC
  • Haha 1

33 minutes ago, Al Krow said:

Hey @M@23 the blue sparkle even features blue LEDs!

Now if only it were a P35 and not a 734 eh...? 

It’d be a beautiful creation. Someone should tip Yamaha off! Give us some crazy colours. Or at least vintage white/creme with a matching headstock?! Hell, if they did that I’d just put up with it weighing 10.5lbs, just take a couple of ibuprofen and be happy 😂

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, LukeFRC said:

In white? With “Yammy” written on the headstock? 

Vintage white would be perfect. Probably not Yammy on the headstock though, but thanks for asking. 

Out of interest, do you not use abbreviations - or is that simply too long a word? 

• Like 1

After a thorough google search I've decided I would like to buy a beaten up 424 and have it lovingly refinished in Pharaoh Gold

s-l1600.jpg

I got the idea after coming across a really bad photo of a natural finish 2024 that made it look like dullish gold. I'm now trying to picture the BB's pickup surrounds against that textured gold (initially I wanted to write "metallic gold" but that seemed tautologous....🙄)

Edited by Ricky Rioli
  • Like 3

10 hours ago, Ricky Rioli said:

After a thorough google search I've decided I would like to buy a beaten up 424 and have it lovingly refinished in Pharaoh Gold

s-l1600.jpg

I got the idea after coming across a really bad photo of a natural finish 2024 that made it look like dullish gold. I'm now trying to picture the BB's pickup surrounds against that textured gold (initially I wanted to write "metallic gold" but that seemed tautologous....🙄)

Great idea, I wonder how much it would cost to get it painted? 

Be great to get back out gigging with a refin - a proper sparkles job! I did a Sherwood Green on a cheapie jazz but it really could do with a proper paint. Shame a refin would be over twice the value of the bass! Still worth considering down the line.

*Warning non-Yamaha content*

I like it how it turned out as is. A £250 paint job on top of new pick ups and then it all becomes folly!

I can see some new dings and a run but for a £120 bass it sounds and feels as good as many other jazz basses out there for a lot more money.

7A07CA14-AB3C-4677-B6D7-7715EB43C3AF.jpeg

Edited by krispn
  • Like 5