Why become a member? ×

The Yamaha BB mega-thread

Al Krow

Yeah but if you're selling to a global market, London and Manchester are probably the two strongest name recognition brands in the UK? (Maybe followed by Oxford and Cambridge?) And I say that as someone hailing from a Midlands city with double the population of Manchester.

So from a marketing perspective it kinda makes very good sense.

Edited by Al Krow

22 minutes ago, Al Krow said:

Yeah but if you're selling to a global market, London and Manchester are probably the two strongest name recognition brands in the UK? (Maybe followed by Oxford and Cambridge?) And I say that as someone hailing from a Midlands city with double the population of Manchester.

I dunno, “Broughton, England...” would be accurate, or “Little Hulton” where he grew up 😂

I live between the two. 

Seem to be selling out rapidly.  Bass Direct stock has gone and looking like PMTs 5 has gone.  Anyway, order in with PMT so wait and see.  Reading about those who have bought them and gave great reviews has turned my head.  I've always steered away from Signature basses, but I love the aesthetics of this one and it isn't just a straight copy of the 1200s it's got a thing of its own going on.

I'm sure Yamaha will make more based on the apparent demand.

Edited by Sarlscharisma
mistake

1 hour ago, Sarlscharisma said:

Seem to be selling out rapidly...

6 minutes ago, Sarlscharisma said:

Ordered an hour ago, and shipping tomorrow.  😃

Could these statements possibly be at all connected? 😁

53 minutes ago, Sanshiro said:

I really don't need another 4 string BB but you guys are making it really hard... good thing I'm out of money. 

When you say "another 4 string BB" does that mean you've got already got a couple in your herd? If so, what have you got (obligatory pics required, of course!)?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Al Krow said:

Agree. However, even though I have never met Peter Hook, judging from his interviews and performances,  he does not come across as someone how would care too much about marketing. 

Anyway, to please the marketing men and show some love for Salford (well, indirectly), he could have gone for "Greater Manchester, England" 😁