Why become a member? ×

The Yamaha BB mega-thread

Al Krow

39 minutes ago, hookys6stringbass said:

Hookys Yamaha sounds fantastic..very versatile...not just a one trick pony.

Right I'm going to sell my black 1200s to help pay for it as his six string signature wiped me out 😉

Anyone from this Parish ordering one???

I am very tempted in ordering one. Is it worth paying for a signed one! 

46 minutes ago, hookys6stringbass said:

Right I'm going to sell my black 1200s to help pay for it as his six string signature wiped me out 😉

Oooh I would be very temped to set aside my embargo on getting 4 strings to get my hands on a BB1200S (particularly if the condition is v good)!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, hookys6stringbass said:

An 1200s in good condition? Now we are talking. Very tempting. Could always buy it and get it refinished in metallic red 🙂 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, hookys6stringbass said:

I bought the Eastwood 6-string because it looked as though it was going to have the right string spacing for me, and I was correct. The alternative would have been to wait for an original Shergold to turn up second hand.

Other than it being based on a model that Yamaha were no longer making, is there anything different about the Peter Hook sig?

52 minutes ago, BigRedX said:

I bought the Eastwood 6-string because it looked as though it was going to have the right string spacing for me, and I was correct. The alternative would have been to wait for an original Shergold to turn up second hand.

Other than it being based on a model that Yamaha were no longer making, is there anything different about the Peter Hook sig?

Well its not neck through... 6 bolt on neck...

The pre amp has been set to Hookys spec...

The Eastwood is a lovely bass... what colour did you go for??

24 minutes ago, hookys6stringbass said:

I'll put an ad up shortly...

Well I love the marketing strategy going on here! Building up a little pre-ad excitement!

@Eldon Tyrell's impressive Spector collection vs my humble solitary NT Euro LX5 is a good predictor of who is going to triumph in the ensuing bidding war as he Donald J's my initial derisory low ball offer...

• Haha 2

16 minutes ago, Al Krow said:

Well I love the marketing strategy going on here! Building up a little pre-ad excitement.. 

Ha!! Yes. I hadn't really thought about it...but it seems to have worked out well!!

I'll hopefully put the ad up later this evening... although having said that myself and Mrs6stringbass are going to the pub for a substantial meal and hopefully a substantial lager frenzy. 

So it maybe in the morning...possibly late morning if I have a hurty head...

Edited by hookys6stringbass
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, hookys6stringbass said:

Ha!! Yes. I hadn't really thought about it...but it seems to have worked out well!!

I'll hopefully put the ad up later this evening... although having said that myself and Mrs6stringbass are going to the pub for a substantial meal and hopefully a substantial lager frenzy. 

So it maybe in the morning...possibly late morning if I have a hurty head...

You hear about the guy who came home at midnight nursing a bloated stomach?

"Went on a pub crawl with a mate..." he tells his not too impressed missus, "...but that fifth substantial meal was definitely a mistake!"

53 minutes ago, Al Krow said:

Well I love the marketing strategy going on here! Building up a little pre-ad excitement!

@Eldon Tyrell's impressive Spector collection vs my humble solitary NT Euro LX5 is a good predictor of who is going to triumph in the ensuing bidding war as he Donald J's my initial derisory low ball offer...

@Al Krow - Unfortunately (or fortunately for you), I have maxed out my credit card for this month. I also put in an offer for another bass by a fellow BCer and have to hope now that no one makes him a better offer until the 14th or I am out. So, you have until the 14th to close the deal on the BB1200s because then I'll be back 😎

Untitled.png.0a00a517dfbde64c62354e3284e958ae.png

1 minute ago, AndyTravis said:

I would buy one. But really...I wouldn’t use it, then I’d sell it and everyone would laugh.

Good idea. Please buy one. You can then sell it to me, half-price, and I'll promise not to laugh at you. I will just say "Thank you, Andy. Much appreciated" 😉

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Eldon Tyrell said:

Good idea. Please buy one. You can then sell it to me, half-price, and I'll promise not to laugh at you. I will just say "Thank you, Andy. Much appreciated" 😉

Nah, my Spector is king at the moment. Mr Sadowsky bass is sweating profusely and for the first time in its ownership, the orange bb is dusty...

• Like 1