Why become a member? ×

The Yamaha BB mega-thread

Al Krow

11 minutes ago, BassApprentice said:

I'm pretty sure this was discussed a while back when Yamaha did a live stream. Miki plays in the style of Flea and liked the active Flea signature, Yamaha wanted him to keep playing Yamaha so made him that bass as a one off. Don't see it being a production model.

If I remember correctly Pat, the luthier for Yamaha, said there won't be a production version of this bass BUT they do use artist models to inform future decisions so can't rule out ever doing a MM pickup BB. 

11 minutes ago, MDWagstaff said:

If I remember correctly Pat, the luthier for Yamaha, said there won't be a production version of this bass BUT they do use artist models to inform future decisions so can't rule out ever doing a MM pickup BB. 

This got close - had clever switching too.

2C9CB1CE-5EF3-47EA-9ADC-5D32CE547449.jpeg

Edited by AndyTravis
  • Like 2

I went to "Musicstore" (one of the biggest music shops in Germany) yesterday.  Tested a Jazzbass that sounded soooo good !! I just could not let it go..it was a demo model so even cheaper than a new one. I was really happy with the sound.. at night time, I put on my stage stuff and checked what it looked like on me. I was so shocked how silly a Jazz Bass looks with me that after 1000 times of looking and overthinking...I drove to the shop today morning and brought it back 🤣 😥

I think I just found my kind of bass...

• Like 2

Claus Fischer on his BBP35.... fantastic sound !!! 
Claus is one of Germany's best known bass players. A long time Yamaha BB player. I think he even is the only German artist featured by Yamaha in their artist list for BB's..
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VaSe4FNuGvM&feature=share&fbclid=IwAR06KOmuBedaZ9DemC7nduLg7DyJFpOceedhLik8IdUpAOXQFgS42NPwLzM

Edited by gobasserk
  • Like 3