Why become a member? ×

The Yamaha BB mega-thread

Al Krow

And this one has come up for sale on eBay within 2 miles from me! No bass books but a Hiscox case included in the relatively "full" asking price.

It's one of those hardly ever seen Yamaha BB2005 models, described by the seller as "mint" although looking a little scuffed from the pics. But at 2/3 price of a typical NE2 maybe worth checking out.

image.png.9d80020cd9569f397400039148aed272.png

3 minutes ago, Al Krow said:

And this one has come up for sale on eBay within 2 miles from me! No bass books but a Hiscox case included in the relatively "full" asking price.

It's one of those hardly ever seen Yamaha BB2005 models, described by the seller as "mint" although looking a little scuffed from the pics. But at 2/3 price of a typical NE2 maybe worth checking out.

image.png.9d80020cd9569f397400039148aed272.png

There was a black Nathan East version on Facebook for £1300 the other day. 🙄

3 minutes ago, Al Krow said:

Any idea what this model is, Andy? Has the 425 bridge, really unusual set of stacked knobs and 2 x 9V batteries. Also fs on eBay. I'm intrigued...

image.png.7cb419c2fda0128c83d18d04af572f63.pngimage.png.edec09f499a96313666ec813b67d6b71.png

Modded 415wr.

wouldnt bother personally. Depends what the preamp is.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, AndyTravis said:

Modded 415wr.

I'm guessing an OBP-3 given 18V. But just a guess!

12 minutes ago, AndyTravis said:

There was a black Nathan East version on Facebook for £1300 the other day. 🙄

Bet that didn't hang about too long then!

Edited by Al Krow

Nah - happy with my 1025. Just thought it might have been some weird exotic early model. But it's essentially a prototype 735A by a Trav protege who probably went on to quietly invent the BB Musicman bass...

Edited by Al Krow

19 hours ago, AndyTravis said:

Modded 415wr.

The preamp looks like an East U retro/uni pre. Great bass,, and John's preamps bring any bass to another level, even set flat! At £219 that's a steal as the preamp alone is nigh on £200

• Like 1

On 01/03/2020 at 11:46, AndyTravis said:

Yeah.

So, the plan is get a 424x, strip the body. 

Fill bridge pickup rout.

Rout for MM pickup. Get a nice 2 band eq and a lovely vintage MM sounding pickup.

silver flake body, White Pearl pickguard.

Green LEDS. (Well, maybe not...but y’know)

So get a cheap 414! A duncan pickup, And do it! Would a sterling pickguard work with the 414 neck they arn't a million miles away. I've a sterling pickguard I can donate to the cause (it's a funky green pearl) 

24 minutes ago, lee650 said:

The preamp looks like an East U retro/uni pre. Great bass,, and John's preamps bring any bass to another level, even set flat! At £219 that's a steal as the preamp alone is nigh on £200

Am I right in thinking that the 415 and 425 share the same pups? If that's the case they're already Tyson Fury punch capable and combine with a East preamp and you're right, that's going to be one helluva beast and he's already replaced the tuners with lighter weight ones. Kentish Town N London if anyone's interested in checking it out.

Edited by Al Krow

On 01/03/2020 at 11:46, AndyTravis said:

Yeah.

So, the plan is get a 424x, strip the body. 

Fill bridge pickup rout.

Rout for MM pickup. Get a nice 2 band eq and a lovely vintage MM sounding pickup.

silver flake body, White Pearl pickguard.

Green LEDS. (Well, maybe not...but y’know)

For stinky poos and giggles! Not quite,but fits the neck perfectly 😂 maybe a slightly longer custom version. It would be an interesting project.

20200303_195348.jpg

• Like 1

On 03/03/2020 at 20:18, lee650 said:

I know! A little tidying of the back end, or a slight extension on the pickguard 😁

lee650 ....This is what you really want 

My MusicMan.jpg

Edited by whamni
  • Like 1