Why become a member? ×

The Yamaha BB mega-thread

Al Krow

Well you guys got bargains and I paid a fair price. 

I repeat you guys got bargains and I paid a fair price. 

You guys got bargains and I paid a fair price you guydgitbargsinsandipaidafaurpriceyouguysgitbargainsandioaidafairprice😬😬😬😬😬😬😬😬😬😬😬😬😬😬😬😬😬😬😬😬😬😬😬😬😬😵😵😵😵😵😵😵😵

🤯

When did the 424s come in and the 414s cease production ie what's the minimum age of the 414?

I guess if a mint 425 is on these days for £200 to £225, then a 424 would now be £185 to £200; and a mint 414 a little below that. 

@stewblack, I wouldn't worry overly about paying £30 to £50 more for a bass than current MVs; cos you're pretty much getting free rental out of it for however long you have it and the pleasure / fun it's giving you. Sympathise more with those of us who bought new basses and have seen prices drop by 30%+ on cost!

Edited by Al Krow
  • Like 1

On 15/02/2020 at 17:52, TRBboy said:

Got a gig tonight (outdoors! 😬) and I'm really tempted to use the old BBN5. I bought it as a backup, and I've never actually gigged it yet! Play it all the time at home though, and it feels and sounds lovely. 

IMG_20200215_175002.jpg

My first ever 5 string!! I loved it, but fairly quickly upgraded to a BB NE1 

2 hours ago, Al Krow said:

@stewblack, I wouldn't worry overly about paying £30 to £50 more for a bass than current MVs; cos you're pretty much getting free rental out of it for however long you have it and the pleasure / fun it's giving you. Sympathise more with those of us who bought new basses and have seen prices drop by 30%+ on cost!

Hey I'm not worried at all. Honestly just having a bit of fun. I paid 180 quid, have I got a 180 quid bass? Not as far as I'm concerned. 

I think it's superior to others I've owned which cost more. It's immaculate, feels plays and sounds great and I love how it looks. 

I now want another just like it but in a different colour. Maybe it will be cheaper when I find it maybe it won't. But I'll enjoy looking for it, buying it, and looking at it once I have it. 

Can't put a price on such things. 

• Like 1

We've often moaned about the lack of choice of colours on the modern BB range. Well this BB1024X was re-finished in surf green and has just sold in the FS.

@nord1 please do spill the beans where you had this done. As you said in your FS ad, they've done a great job! 

DC000841-E937-4505-9701-98F8786072FD.png

• Like 3

46 minutes ago, Al Krow said:

We've often moaned about the lack of choice of colours on the modern BB range. Well this BB1024X was re-finished in surf green and has just sold in the FS.

@nord1 please do spill the beans where you had this done. As you said in your FS ad, they've done a great job! 

DC000841-E937-4505-9701-98F8786072FD.png

I never realised this is the colour I need my BB in

On 20/02/2020 at 20:28, Baceface said:

I'm with @Al Krow - more BB colours please Yamaha...

49561818088_75ddb6057f_c.jpg

Hate all the colours in the current range - and the BB 424/1024/2024 range were poop too - they needed to be bolder.

they did red metallic for a bit. Wouldn’t mind a 424x in that, but a bit of LPB/OTM would suit the aesthetic wonderfully.

Like the newer ones, teal which looks ace but too dark and that midnight blue on the Japanese model which looks almost black.

2 hours ago, AndyTravis said:

Yeah will be here tomorrow 

Result. Nice looking bass. I still love playing my BB425 even though the band prefer the tone of my P-bass

Guest DarylClayton

Great basses. I have been gigging my BB2024x for the past two years and it hasn't let me down. 

I love the P Bass sound you can get from the BB2024x.

Here is some footage from an outdoor gig last year of me and my band and my BB2024x. It's a great all rounder but I think the P Bass pick up really shines through.

Edited by DarylClayton

33 minutes ago, DarylClayton said:

Great basses. I have been gigging my BB2024x for the past two years and it hasn't let me down. 

Here is some footage from an outdoor gig last year of me and my band and my BB2024x. It's a great all rounder but I think the P Bass pick up really shines through.

Lovely sound and great playing. I adore my bb1024x and should probably look at a 2024x at some point. If I can find one that is.

34 minutes ago, DarylClayton said:

Nice clip! So have you lost your marbles in wanting to move your 2024X on?! 

1 minute ago, mrtcat said:

Lovely sound and great playing. I adore my bb1024x and should probably look at a 2024x at some point. If I can find one that is.

Well if you're after one, then...:) 

Guest DarylClayton
51 minutes ago, mrtcat said:

Thanks very much. I haven't tried a BB1024 but have heard and read great things.

Guest DarylClayton
50 minutes ago, Al Krow said:

Nice clip! So have you lost your marbles in wanting to move your 2024X on?! 

Thanks very much.

I think I have lost my marbles. I love the bass and still play it, but fancy trying something new. To fund a new bass, I will need to move the 2024x on.