Why become a member? ×

The Yamaha BB mega-thread

Al Krow

16 minutes ago, AndyTravis said:

Ah mate, keep up. Actually meant to message you in anticipation of the ribbing 😂

Oh I Kept up, know you want it again today, but tomorrow or the next day something else will tickle your pickle and get me rubbin me nubbin - its an endless cycle

11 minutes ago, Cuzzie said:

Oh I Kept up, know you want it again today, but tomorrow or the next day something else will tickle your pickle and get me rubbin me nubbin - its an endless cycle

You’ll just have to tickle mine and I’ll rub yours. Easy...

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Al Krow said:

+1 ^^

There was a wanted ad up for a P35 recently. I posted a link to it on this thread about 4 pages back.

Already in progress! Another guy in Cambridge waiting in the wings if the basschat buyer falls through. 

11 hours ago, dave_bass5 said:

Agreed. Wish i had got the burst finish now. 

The sunburst and black ones both look a bit boring for my tastes, so teal blue was the best option for me, mismatched headstock or not. Personally I think it looks fine! 😊

FB_IMG_1574701429610.jpg

12 minutes ago, TRBboy said:

I'm really hoping that my new Sandberg is going to fosters all over my 435 when it arrives in June, but not feeling overly confident that will be the case (as much as I LOVE Sandberg!).... 😬

I am going for a photo finish - Sandberg the winner - both in championship record times

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, dave_bass5 said:

I quite the look of the 435 with maple fretboard, but the painted headstock just doesn’t look right on that neck IMO. 

There's a 435 with a maple board!? How did I miss that coming out! Would've much preferred a maple board! 🤦‍♂️

14 hours ago, Al Krow said:

Not that I have £2,700 to blow on this model(!) but, for anyone who does @gobasserk(?!), here's a nice little clip setting out the features of the BB2024MA:

Well, if it's got a dowelling system that makes it like a neck-thru one-piece, that makes it tonier... Take my money 😏

Oh, I forgot the custom-wound alpino pickups...  The real question is...does it go to eleven?

Edited by Muzz
  • Haha 1

I think the black/maple/black 434 looks nice, particularly with the cream 'guard.

However, I don't like the black headstock on the sunburst/maple version but think it looks great on the sunburst/rosewood model.

I am also unsure why this is.

yamaha-sbb434mbl.jpg

• Like 1

Just as a little aside, I was watching a YouTube vid last night of The Stranglers on C4's The Tube circa '85, and JJB is using...a BB! A black one, obv...

His sound wasn't so good (for JJB), but that was in the period just before Hugh left when it all went a little squishy...

• Like 1

19 hours ago, AndyTravis said:

Maple boards with matching/coloured headstocks looks wrong. 

No idea why.

Maple boards always look anaemic, wishy washy and insubstantial at the best of times. With the matching headstock they fade into nothingness. 

• Like 1

Need two new knobs and a new toggle switch.  Wanted to change the tuners by the weekend but couldn't wait 😄 
Voila the BB414 with new hardware. While searching for knobs I found the electronics of my BB3000 (passive).  I sold that bass equipped with a Glockenklang active circuit. It was one of the 2000 something (year) limited edition basses. So that will go into the 414 also. Yes I like it. 

bbreadys.jpeg

Edited by gobasserk
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, gobasserk said:

Need two new knobs and a new toggle switch.  Wanted to change the tuners by the weekend but couldn't wait 😄 
Voila the BB414 with new hardware. While searching for knobs I found the electronics of my BB3000 (passive).  I sold that bass equipped with a Glockenklang active circuit. It was one of the 2000 something (year) limited edition basses. So that will go into the 414 also. Yes I like it. 

bbreadys.jpeg

Another visual triumph