Why become a member? ×

The Yamaha BB mega-thread

Al Krow

Well it was initially a disenchanting and deflated landing on the BB planet, when it arrived from the Alien  merchants from Planet evilbay - it was a  neglected PO💩 to be honest with a poor set up. 

So a big clean down, Tonerider fitted with some spare cream covers I had, a new Kiogon loom (thanks John), bit of love and a good set up and we have something much more presentable in the BB lower range. Enjoying it lots now - even if it is telephone box red - very decent P vibes to be had, action is good.,...not so much a alien 👽

IMG_9577.thumb.jpeg.5dcd26a78e3e7c80b2f0050fb321b18f.jpeg

Edited by Raslee
  • Like 3

Sounded and played beautifully. Just wanted to thank those who have kept this thread going. Without it I'd have remained in blissful ignorance. 

Essentially I swapped a 'faker for this bass plus a fair few quid my way. Faker looked awesome but was not in this class. 

Win. 

• Like 1

On 24/11/2019 at 11:49, Paul S said:

Lovely.  I've had a few and loved them all - the BB425 was just unbelievable for the price.  Just too bloody heavy.

The BB425 is a heavy lump but I seem to have gotten a second wind. Fast approaching 58 years of age, totally unfit and morbidly obese but still able to play a two hour gig with the BB425 slung around my neck

Edited by MoJo

21 hours ago, Paul S said:

True.  Well, the passive BB5000.  Unsurprisingly, I wish I hadn't sold it.

Such is the power of 'the grass is greener' strain of GAS, when in fact, the grass is often straw like with bald patches and moss