Why become a member? ×

The Yamaha BB mega-thread

Al Krow

2 hours ago, Al Krow said:

The stellar Stella is also a VCA comp and got high praise indeed from Simon; but it's currently living on my home PB.

A bit like you I'm also going to be using the built in drive on my amp and the Hyperluminal comp is included "for free" so it will be rude for me not to use it! 😀  

Just glad that the AO drive is getting such unsolicited high praise from you as it just so happens to be the pre-amp drive stuck onto a pretty decent 900W power amp that's shortly making it's way over to East Landern, and is going to replace its predecessor DG M900 which has been my trusty engine-room for the past 18 months. You've defo got me looking forward more to this upgrade than I was 12 hours ago :) 

I was about to offer lending you my AO, but instead I see you have taken the nuclear option!

The AO amp has the growl/grunt (bass boost) and bite switches that were missing from the M900. A good thing as the M900 has the bass boost permanently on, which you don't really need when using a BB!

Edited by dannybuoy

16 minutes ago, AndyTravis said:

They need to do this. In the same colours they’ve just done the new Sires in. 

LPB, Sherwood green, Burgundy mist...etc

Those colours are REALLY drawing me towards the Sires! 😍 Wish they did the burgundy with a maple board too though. 

3 hours ago, dannybuoy said:

I was about to offer lending you my AO, but instead I see you have taken the nuclear option!

The AO amp has the growl/grunt (bass boost) and bite switches that were missing from the M900. A good thing as the M900 has the bass boost permanently on, which you don't really need when using a BB!

That would have been very kind of you dB. It seems to me that 'growl' & 'bite' are integral to the AO pedal and DG have simply imported the AOmicron features lock stock and barrel on the AO900. They don't appear on the DG M900 v2.

This has definitely become an official de-rail now - lol! Sorry!

20 hours ago, Allaboutthebass said:

Yes mate, that 1100 is one of the ones to go on sale this weekend.

Are you listing your basses, that are for sale, on here?

Edited by MoJo

On 02/10/2019 at 16:05, Al Krow said:

Just glad that the AO drive is getting such unsolicited high praise from you as it just so happens to be the pre-amp drive stuck onto a pretty decent 900W power amp that's shortly making it's way over to East Landern, and is going to replace its predecessor DG M900 which has been my trusty engine-room for the past 18 months.

I was telling you about the benefits of the AO pedal just a few weeks ago and sent you that demo video highlighting it's versatility. Still the better sounding of the DG pedal range IMO.

Back on topic!

8 minutes ago, krispn said:

I was telling you about the benefits of the AO pedal just a few weeks ago and sent you that demo video highlighting it's versatility. Still the better sounding of the DG pedal range IMO.

Back on topic!

Agree with hits. I liked the VMTD (first gen) but haven't got on with the other VMT pedals. Tried a AO earlier this year and went 'hmmmm.....'

2 hours ago, krispn said:

Back on topic!

You've clearly been subliminally influencing my thinking (again) then! :)

• 2 weeks later...

Excuse my pulling you over to this fanboy thread to avoid risking de-railing the Berg one! 😉

Couldn't but help spot the rather tasty bass you have on the left hand side (and a not too shabby rig either!). Which model?

17 minutes ago, RigorMortens said:

Recently traded this Grand Dark in. We’re getting along just fine 😉

2BA2BFA3-C4F1-497B-9F4D-E635BB1F9C76.jpeg

13 minutes ago, AndyTravis said:

1025x @Al Krow thought you’d spot that a country mile off?

Well yes, but I didn't want to presume! But given that it's the same vintage white as my BB 1025, you can understand why it caught my eye!

Must admit I've generally preferred the look of the BBs without the pick guards, but the PG plus the chrome knobs on that X look great! 

Edited by Al Krow

No worries @Al Krow 🙂 

And @AndyTravis is spot on, 1025x is correct.

I've had it for a few years, in which a number of higher end, more flashy basses have come and gone. This one is not going anywhere.

Did compare it to a 2025x at some point, but I'm not good enough to tell the difference.

@dave_bass5 the F1 is great little head. Hard to beat the combination of performance, size and second hand price tag. I use it mostly at home though. For heavier duty I use my old Trace Elliot head.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, RigorMortens said:

I've had it for a few years, in which a number of higher end, more flashy basses have come and gone. This one is not going anywhere.

Ditto!

Ok so in my case it's been just 21 months and only a couple of higher-end more flashy basses have have come and gone.

But the last bit is spot on! :) 

Edited by Al Krow
  • Like 1