Why become a member? ×

The Yamaha BB mega-thread

Al Krow

Ok people... I couldn’t resist. I have to say the neck on this 1100s is gorgeous, I can’t believe anyone would sell it.  Just restrung with some roundwounds, nothing special, I’m thinking about some flats. Got some lovely bottom end and nice and bright too when needed. Not bad for a 30 yr old!! 

9CA851C9-A77F-4B0B-9777-2D6A3CC20482.jpeg

70D71993-A886-42C2-ADBA-1AABD41233FC.jpeg

90C65633-1BA1-458F-A3C1-1427C7099623.jpeg

• Like 4

My 3000 was of that colour. It was one of the last 40 ever built ones. Def.  a fault to sell it !!!!!!!! I put an active Glockenklang in. Still have the rog. electronics somewhere. Silly thing to do !!!!!

One of the 5 basses I should have better kept. But I only sold instruments when I was in need for cash. As a musician, this happend sadly ofen to me....

Edited by gobasserk

Yeah - there's a great irony that it is often the musicians most deserving of great equipment and who would be able to get the most out of their gear who are often least able to afford it and vice versa.

23 hours ago, Al Krow said:

I.R.A. / Initial Response Acceleration

I think it's probably cow poop.  All that those spectrograms show is better sustain above 10kHz ... I can't even hear 10kHz these days.  Plus they only show the first 30ms.  The indication is that the attack might be a bit clearer ( like pulling out the "pick attack" knob on a Wal ).

...and if basses "play in" to a player's style ... whose style are they playing your new bass into before you get it?

Edited by NickA
ha ha: it auto changed BS into cow poop!

6 minutes ago, Allaboutthebass said:

He cancelled my bid on it, and has withdrawn it! Selfish sod.

Was your bid £295? I offered £295 and either collection or arrangement of a courier. 

I’m assuming he’s sold it or we’ll see it re-listed at about £500...

He sat on my offer for 24 hours and didn’t respond to my messages so 🤷🏻‍♂️

8 hours ago, AndyTravis said:

Big shout out to BTN music who delivered my back plate today. Really helpful via email on some other bits too.

Seems like they’re some of the good guys and have access to the Yamaha spares bin.

Any chance I could have their email address or website please ?

Cheers

Edited by whamni

Congratulations on your BB! And I now feel like a proper BB grandad! :)

That white BB425 was the first bass that I felt a twinge of seller's regret over - so much so that I went and replaced it, albeit with a black one! 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Al Krow said:

Congratulations on your BB! And I now feel like a proper BB grandad! :)

That white BB425 was the first bass that I felt a twinge of seller's regret over - so much so that I went and replaced it, albeit with a black one! 

Are you the original owner of this one, Al? If so you are wise like Yoda. Seems everyone should have a Yammy, I’m thinking 

1 minute ago, moley6knipe said:

Are you the original owner of this one, Al? If so you are wise like Yoda. Seems everyone should have a Yammy, I’m thinking 

I am indeed the original owner, I believe (If this is the bass I think it is - you bought from @KotorTom right?) :)

I bought yours new a couple of years back - if you scroll back to near the start of this amazingly active thread you can read my detailed review which I posted. It has a P pup punch like no other bass I've played! 

I've since gone on to get myself several Yammys - they are such a good bass! 

In terms of "wise like Yoda" - haha! More like "ugly as Yoda!" 😄 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1