Why become a member? ×

The Yamaha BB mega-thread

Al Krow

12 hours ago, Al Krow said:

Oooh that is a rather lovely BB5000!!

Which model is the white one?

the white one was a bb3000. it's been rerouted for bb2000 pickups and the inlays redone to look like a bb2000. it basically is a bb2000 now but the controls are in a slightly different location and the cutaways are different. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, hypercarrots said:

the white one was a bb3000. it's been rerouted for bb2000 pickups and the inlays redone to look like a bb2000. it basically is a bb2000 now but the controls are in a slightly different location and the cutaways are different. 

So...that does beg the question after @Misdeehas just reminded us how amazing the BB 3000 was, as to why you wanted it redone as a BB 2000?

Edited by Al Krow

3 hours ago, hypercarrots said:

opinions differ...

...and it's not mine...

Indeed! 

And thank goodness they do otherwise folk who want to spend identical amounts on their gear would end up with identical rigs, right? And what a dull planet we would be living on... 😄 

2 minutes ago, Al Krow said:

Andy you've gone, in the space of six months, from yielding-up all your basses to saying "Yes, yummy Yammy!" 

As impulses go, that's not a bad one :) 

It’s remarkably similar to my first BB, except Fretless...and that means I’ll have to find some frets for it...

10 minutes ago, CameronJ said:

I was pretty disappointed that he dismantled it for parts. I was considering buying it despite having no need for it. That pickguard looked mean on it too!

Oh I recall that, it was a bb400/800 style wasn’t it, like a pointy p bass.