Why become a member? ×

RIP Chuck Berry

MacDaddy

[quote name='Paul S' timestamp='1489911400' post='3260669']
Some people might add he was a pervert and one of the nastiest human beings on the planet. But, yes, musically the world would be a very different place but for his genius.
[/quote]a flawed genius for sure, but I can't help but listen to Chuck Berry without a smile on my face, and 90 is a pretty good innings, saw him about 20 years ago, it was one of those gigs that was exactly what I was expecting, right down to the white crimplene flairs, a treasured memory

[quote name='PaulGibsonBass' timestamp='1489881878' post='3260602']
An originator and a pioneer the like of which doesn't exist anymore. RIP.
[/quote]

[size=5][size=4][color=#000000][font=Verdana, Arial]Deep down in Louisiana close to New Orleans,[/font][/color]
[color=#000000][font=Verdana, Arial]Way back up in the woods among the evergreens[/font][/color]
[color=#000000][font=Verdana, Arial]There stood a log cabin made of earth and wood,[/font][/color]
[color=#000000][font=Verdana, Arial]Where lived a country boy named Johnny B. Goode[/font][/color]
[color=#000000][font=Verdana, Arial]Who never ever learned to read or write so well,[/font][/color]
[color=#000000][font=Verdana, Arial]But he could play a guitar just like a ringing a bell.[/font][/color]

[color=#000000][font=Verdana, Arial][i][Chorus:][/i][/font][/color]
[color=#000000][font=Verdana, Arial]Go Go[/font][/color]
[color=#000000][font=Verdana, Arial]Go, Johnny, go, go[/font][/color]
[color=#000000][font=Verdana, Arial]Johnny B. Goode[/font][/color]

[color=#000000][font=Verdana, Arial]He used to carry his guitar in a gunny sack[/font][/color]
[color=#000000][font=Verdana, Arial]Or sit beneath the tree by the railroad track.[/font][/color]
[color=#000000][font=Verdana, Arial]Oh, the engineers would see him sitting in the shade,[/font][/color]
[color=#000000][font=Verdana, Arial]Strumming with the rhythm that the drivers made.[/font][/color]
[color=#000000][font=Verdana, Arial]The people passing by, they would stop and say,[/font][/color]
[color=#000000][font=Verdana, Arial]"Oh, my, but that little country boy could play!"[/font][/color]

[color=#000000][font=Verdana, Arial][i][Chorus][/i][/font][/color]

[color=#000000][font=Verdana, Arial]His mother told him, "Someday you will be a man,[/font][/color]
[color=#000000][font=Verdana, Arial]And you will be the leader of a big old band.[/font][/color]
[color=#000000][font=Verdana, Arial]Many people coming from miles around[/font][/color]
[color=#000000][font=Verdana, Arial]To hear you play your music when the sun go down.[/font][/color]
[color=#000000][font=Verdana, Arial]Maybe someday your name will be in lights[/font][/color]
[color=#000000][font=Verdana, Arial]Saying 'Johnny B. Goode tonight'.[/font][/color][/size][/size]

[color=#000000][font=Verdana, Arial]Goodbye Chuck and thanks for soooo many memories[/font][/color]

Edited by essexbasscat