His highest...

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_DanDvAfCcs[/media]

and lowest

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9G4jnaznUoQ[/media]

tough to be fair it's Jagger who comes over as the most wincing

" That happened and we all let it happen" - Peter Griffin

Edited by Barking Spiders

Interesting idea for a thread..

Highest: all albums from Hunky Dory through to Heroes, including Transformer and The Idiot which he produced for Lou Reed and Iggy Pop respectively

Lowest: Tonight album

I'm very biased of course, but that run of Bowie albums is as artistically and musically good as anything produced since the Beatles series of albums in the 1960s..

I'd definitely go along with Dancing In The Street as 'lowest'. Even the bloody Laughing Gnome is better than that car crash.
As far as 'highest' is concerned, probably Scary Monsters.

[media]http://youtu.be/GA27aQZCQMk[/media]

Highest for me would be Ziggy Stardust or Aladdin Sane
Lowest would be anything after Station to Station (with the odd single exception) up to The Next Day and Blackstar (and again not all tracks were brilliant on these 2 albums).

Afraid i just couldn't get into that weird metal sound he was into for few years.
Loved all his early stuff incl Uncle Arthur, Laughing Gnome thru Space Oddity and Ziggy periods. Think i liked every track from his early years but i just struggled to like a full album after Station to Station.

Dave

The high point for me was his collaboration with Queen on 'Under Pressure'. Magnificent.

The low point, I'm not so sure on. His music isn't to my taste and I detest glam rock in general. However, he was clearly a motivated and talented bloke so more power to him doing what he wanted.

Hunky Dory has always been my favourite Bowie album, and I'm rather partial to the Low / 'Heroes'/ Lodger period too. I never really liked much after Scary Monsters, but Where Are We Now blew me away when it came out, and is up there amongst his greatest songs in my opinion.

The low (excuse the pun) point for me must be the Glass Spider era. I can't find much to enjoy from those albums.