Why become a member? ×

Fender Precision - 1969 with a 1982 Fender Fullerton Neck
£1350

cardinaljay

[attachment=240360:DSC_0262.JPG][font=arial, sans-serif][size=3][attachment=240346:_20170127_090258.JPG][/size][/font]
[font=arial, sans-serif][size=3][attachment=240347:_20170127_090202.JPG][/size][/font]
[font=arial, sans-serif][size=3][attachment=240348:_20170127_090101.JPG][/size][/font]
[font=arial, sans-serif][size=3][attachment=240351:DSC_0241.JPG][/size][/font]
[font=arial, sans-serif][size=3][attachment=240350:DSC_0240.JPG][/size][/font]
[font=arial, sans-serif][size=3][attachment=240360:DSC_0262.JPG][/size][/font]
[font=arial, sans-serif][size=3][attachment=240359:DSC_0253.JPG][/size][/font]
[font=arial, sans-serif][size=3][attachment=240357:DSC_0250.JPG][/size][/font]
[font=arial, sans-serif][size=3][attachment=240356:DSC_0247.JPG][/size][/font]
[font=arial, sans-serif][size=3][attachment=240354:DSC_0245.JPG][/size][/font]
[font=arial, sans-serif][size=3][attachment=240353:DSC_0244.JPG][/size][/font]
[font=arial, sans-serif][size=3][attachment=240352:DSC_0243.JPG][/size][/font]
[font=arial, sans-serif][size=3][attachment=240351:DSC_0241.JPG][/size][/font]
[font=arial, sans-serif][size=3][attachment=240350:DSC_0240.JPG][/size][/font]
[font=arial, sans-serif][size=3][attachment=240349:DSC_0235.JPG][/size][/font]

[font=arial, sans-serif][size=3]Fender Precision Bass 1969 USA with Fullerton 1982 neck and Dimarzio pick up[/size][/font]

[font=arial, sans-serif][size=3]This Fender Precision Bass is a fantastic vintage instrument with a solid Ash body which has been stripped of its original colour. It appears to have originally been sunburst but the refinish looks honest and adds to the vintage mojo. As you can see via the photos, it looks great and in addition to that it has impressive sustain too. [/size][/font]

[font=arial, sans-serif][size=3]The previous owner explained that this was his father's bass and in the 1980s he decided to replace the 1969 neck with a wonderful Fender Fullerton factory made neck, (the first Fender U.S reissues) dated April 1982. This alone is very sought after with a wonderful profile and a beautiful looking piece of flamed birds eye maple which has aged very well showing a desired vintage glow. Frets show little wear and after a set up and fret dress from our guitar tech, this bass is ready to go. [/size][/font]

[font=arial, sans-serif][size=3]The bass has been fitted with a dimarzio Precision pick up, which dates from the late 70s/early 80s. It shows slight ageing but the pole pieces are still fully adjustable and the sound is extremely warm but also fantastically bright if you open the tone. [/size][/font]

[font=arial, sans-serif][size=3]The scratch plate isn't original but the bridge is, with no problems whatsoever. The neck comes with the original reverse winding tuners, which hold tune very well and really add to the classic feel of the bass. The control knobs have been changed to the correct genuine Fender barrel ones recently. [/size][/font]

[font=arial, sans-serif][size=3]The bass comes with a hard case which boasts a wonderful blue lining and all in all, although not an original Fender case, it is decent and usable for the gigging musician. [/size][/font]

[font=arial, sans-serif][size=3]As mentioned earlier, the bass has been set up recently with d'addario 100-40s and with the addition of a fret dress and full check over the bass is ready to go. [/size][/font]

[quote name='gareth' timestamp='1489348738' post='3256261']
Is this the same bass?

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/292028384603
[/quote]

I should highlight, that the winner was Jaybassplayer - me.:)

I'll post a pic of me playing it last year so people don't think I'm errm, dunno really, feels like I should explain though. :)

May be something like that would have been better sending a pm? I dunno, that's just me.

Thanks for messages etc so far. Jay

[quote name='cardinaljay' timestamp='1489349291' post='3256272']
That's the bass. It was listed on eBay via my local shop, I bid the bass up and inadvertently "won" it. Good job too, as it's worth what I'm asking for it, in my opinion.
[/quote]

Doesn't seem like the eBay marketplace agreed re the price though?

And you bid the bass up? Nice.......

[quote name='Macker5' timestamp='1489349781' post='3256281']
When you say 'set up and fret dress from our guitar tech' - does that mean you are a dealer or shop?
[/quote]

No, I apologise, the advert is what I originally wrote when the bass was listed through their shop. Hence the wording which I should have changed.

The bass was set up by Paul Glazebrook, in Suffolk who I've used, as well as the shop and many others I know, for a number for years.

Does that help?

I'd been messaging Dood the other day and it appears as though the bass was sold as it is when he sold it.

So the previous owner telling me about the neck being changed by their father was errm, frankly nonsense.

However, this is still a great bass, and I'm open to offers and anyone is welcome to try it.

[quote name='Thunderpaws' timestamp='1489427819' post='3256838']
When did you sell it Dood?
[/quote]

I don't know where the original neck is. The bass is as I bought it. If I knew where the neck was I would be there quicker than quick to get it. :)

[quote name='BeeBop' timestamp='1489672010' post='3258838']
this thread is doing ma box in

not really sure whats going down

nice bass ..so where is the original neck ??
[/quote]

You might get a better price if you put up photos of the body's neck, control and pup cavity as these may show the factory stamps, dates,etc that would support it being a 1969 body and originally sunburst.

Also it would show whether any additional routing was done to accomodate these or any previous non-fender pickups.

It is possible it may have had active pickups at some stage and if so there will be routing for a battery

All these things a serious buyer would want to see IMHO

I shall get to the shop I have in this week and post the pictures. I really hope they answer any questions and we all see what it is. :)

[quote name='gareth' timestamp='1490197928' post='3263171']
You might get a better price if you put up photos of the body's neck, control and pup cavity as these may show the factory stamps, dates,etc that would support it being a 1969 body and originally sunburst.

Also it would show whether any additional routing was done to accomodate these or any previous non-fender pickups.

It is possible it may have had active pickups at some stage and if so there will be routing for a battery

All these things a serious buyer would want to see IMHO
[/quote]