Why become a member? ×

wavy guitar neck

hi all.
my eb0 bass has been playing a bit doggy recently so i decided to get to the bottom of the issue , and after putting a straight edge over the frets it looks like the nut end frets 1-3 are bowing backwards and the same with frets 7-10 . can this be easily fixed ? or is it going to be a money pit ? being only en epi it would be silly throwing loads of cash at it .if so its a wall deco from now on or at best get a new neck and do a frankenbass jobbie.
cheers
bob

[quote name='addictedtobass' timestamp='1489155079' post='3254800']
hi all.
my eb0 bass has been playing a bit doggy recently so i decided to get to the bottom of the issue , and after putting a straight edge over the frets it looks like the nut end frets 1-3 are bowing backwards and the same with frets 7-10 . can this be easily fixed ? or is it going to be a money pit ? being only en epi it would be silly throwing loads of cash at it .if so its a wall deco from now on or at best get a new neck and do a frankenbass jobbie.
cheers
bob
[/quote]
When you say bowing backwards, do you mean that frets 1,2,3,7,8,9,10 are lower than the rest?

Assuming I've understood correctly, if it was just 1-3, I would have said tighten the truss rod.

If it is 1-3 and 7-10, it sounds like you need the frets levelling (and re-crowning). It's not a huge job but does need to be done by someone who knows what they are doing. Are there any 'Basschat members willing to help other basschat members' on the sticky thread that are in your area?

[quote name='Andyjr1515' timestamp='1489165902' post='3254927']
When you say bowing backwards, do you mean that frets 1,2,3,7,8,9,10 are lower than the rest?

Assuming I've understood correctly, if it was just 1-3, I would have said tighten the truss rod.

If it is 1-3 and 7-10, it sounds like you need the frets levelling (and re-crowning). It's not a huge job but does need to be done by someone who knows what they are doing. Are there any 'Basschat members willing to help other basschat members' on the sticky thread that are in your area?
[/quote]
The [url="http://basschat.co.uk/topic/277468-bcers-prepared-to-help-fix-a-bass/"]updated list is at the beginning of the thread here[/url]