Why become a member? ×

withdrawn PLEASE CLOSE
£1300

Paul S

I don't want to sell this and will turn down any offers of cash.

But.

I would trade it for a Yamaha BB5000, such is the strength of my GAS. If anyone isn't tempted by money but might be tempted by something delicious, then I offer up this delightful morsel. Depending upon condition we can talk cash adjustment either way.

An extremely early JV Squier '57 re-issue Precision with Fender logo. Serial no. JV02XXX. It is not perfect, but in extremely good condition - couple of dings and scratches but beautifully shiny in tobacco burst. My oh my the colour of the neck has to be seen - warm caramel. There is a non-faded white patch on the, now cream, scratch plate where a sticker once was. The pups are not original to the bass but are vintage correct JV raised pole jobbies. All wiring is cloth covered and rest of the electrics are original. Sounds exactly how you would expect one of these to sound, weighs around 8.5lbs and the neck is a delight - 42mm at the nut and shallow - with very little fret wear. Currently strung with DR High Beams which give it a huge amount of bite.

A few pics - I can take more if required.

[attachment=239939:jvf1.jpg] [attachment=239940:jvf2.jpg] [attachment=239941:jvf3.jpg]

These early Fender logo JVs are quite hard to come by, sought after and collectible and this is a cracker.

Edited by Paul S

If I were you I'd save up for the Yamaha, you'll get one for half of the price of what your Squier is worth. Also as soon as you let that beauty go, you'll be pining for it back. I was in a position where I had to sell an early JV (albeit with the Squier logo) back in 1990, I've not had a Precision that come close to it since.

As has been said already - save up & buy a Yamaha - they are indeed fab basses
But don't sell that lovely P bass. I've not actually seen one with the Fender logo - as you say, they are hard to come by
Sell something else, but not that JV P......
It looks stunning too :o

I don't think Yamaha BB5000 are very easy to come by, so it isn't a question of saving up and buying one. If one came up I'd buy it and not worry about the cash. But I get the feeling that folks that own them don't want to part with them, much like how I feel about this JV P. So maybe there is a deal to be done between owners of rare and desirable instruments. We'll see.

In my defence, I have a second JV P, not a Fender logo but a corker. It was my main bass before I migrated to 5 strings and, of the two, is the one I bonded with more. Probably because it is black, which I love, and because the maple neck has some beautiful almost holographic figuring in it. Plays and sounds just exactly like the F logo one.

And, of course, I may feel differently tomorrow and withdraw this! :)

After getting a couple of PMs it is probably worth adding that I am not interested in any other trades, just a BB5000. Also I didn't mention it but it comes with a decent Hiscox case. I didn't take a picture of it but, frankly, if you don't know what one looks like you shouldn't be reading this anyway :)