Why become a member? ×

Ibanez 30th Anniversary SR

BassApprentice

Erm....I don't think Ibanez quite finished these basses. That or they have a wood ant problem ;)

http://www.notreble.com/buzz/2017/03/05/ibanez-celebrates-30th-anniversary-of-sr-bass-with-limited-edition-models/

I'm sure it sounds lovely though!

Edited by BassApprentice

Looks different for sure.

An SR600 has been my main bass since 2010 - but I'd struggle to find a higher-spec SR model to upgrade it to now; as I detest gold hardware or sunburst finishes. Overall; the multi-wood laminated bodies on most of the top-end SR models just look too "chocolate boxy"(over-done) - as one of my school art teachers used to say.

The now discontinued Japanese made SR4000 looked tastefully understated IMHO, but the top-of-the-range SR5000 sadly falls into the "chocolate boxy" category. :blink:

• 1 month later...

[quote name='Treb' timestamp='1492552085' post='3281234']
The green one looks cool IMO. Room for improvement in the knob department though. Those cheap knobs are só ugly on any instrument. They look utilitarian, fine on a piece of rack gear but not on a fine instrument.
[/quote]

Its all about taste really. Dingwall Canadian basses use plastic knobs on anything but their £5000+ Prima instruments, but I can't imagine them with anything else as they just fit the look perfectly. Sometimes metal knobs look really naff, as can wooden knobs. Its all about the overall look. For example, I think they look really good on the white one :)

[quote name='lowhand_mike' timestamp='1492703192' post='3282560']
they are quite nice, have been wondering what my SR would look like with a gloss finish recently, not got the bottle to do it though
[/quote]

The only sr's that need to be refinished is the sr500 lol.