Why become a member? ×

Advice for faulty Warwick Streamer LX

Jaykingfunk

Afternoon all,

I've been given a Warwick Streamer LX that's seen better days. There is no sound coming out of it, at all, not even a hum or crackle. I've had the back off and from visual inspection, most of the soldering joints look OK and I can't see anything out of place. I am no expert beyond soldering the wires back onto the jack socket so any advice would be greatly appreciated. It's an active bass too with a battery.

Cheers, J.

[quote name='Jaykingfunk' timestamp='1488554597' post='3250000']
Afternoon all,

I've been given a Warwick Streamer LX that's seen better days. There is no sound coming out of it, at all, not even a hum or crackle. I've had the back off and from visual inspection, most of the soldering joints look OK and I can't see anything out of place. I am no expert beyond soldering the wires back onto the jack socket so any advice would be greatly appreciated. It's an active bass too with a battery.

Cheers, J.
[/quote]

My advice is give it to me, just because I'm nice like that :lol:

First port of call would probably be replace the output jack and work backwards if you're getting absolutely nothing

[quote name='charic' timestamp='1488555719' post='3250016']

First port of call would probably be replace the output jack and work backwards if you're getting absolutely nothing
[/quote] this and check out the batteries if active

[quote name='charic' timestamp='1488555719' post='3250016']

[/quote]

The output jack also switches on the pickups and preamp, so is definately the best place to start.
Maplin used to do a relatively cheap stereo jack socket.

First thing to do is pull out the volume control. That will switch the bass into passive mode. That will isolate the battery and the pre-amp from the situation.

If that doesn't resolve the issue, unsolder the connections to the Jack and re-solder them onto a spare Jack, even if it's only hanging out the back.

If you're anywhere near me if be happy to take a look.

Edited by Grangur