Why become a member? ×

Marshall DBS 7400 Amp and 7412 Cab
£700

DiceSociety

[size=5][u][b]Marshall DBS 7400 amp head, and 7412 cab (4 ohm) - Cab SOLD[/b][/u][/size]

Absolutely killer amp, which i'm selling as it's just being used as a pre-amp for home recordings, and over-kill practice amp. As such, it's been kept in my bedroom for the last 15 years, and as such has been generally looked after and kept nice and warm and dry.

I bought the rig from new around '93 - 94, and it was gigged extensively when I was in my 20's, and has never let me down. Not once. For portability, I'm currently using a Streamliner and a big baby 2, but I've just plugged this in and to be honest, this just sounds absolutely fantastic. There really is a big difference between something like this and and a digital head. It has to be heard to be believed to be honest. It's super responsive, has lots of attack and a really full frequency range capable of shaking the venue you're playing in (or your house if you're like me), which make it an absolute joy to play. The rig is built like a tank, and apparently the guy from Muse uses these amps.

[size=5][b]The amp is rated 400 watts. [/b][/size]
head with a pre-amp where you can blend from valve (has a 12ax7 in it) to solid state, and anywhere inbetween for wide tonal variations.
- Hi and low inputs
- A really good compressor
- 2 band EQ
- Hi and Low boost buttons (which make a real difference)
- Switchable 9 band graphic EQ (Either using the button the front, or footswitch jack on the back).
- Di (with level button)
- Line out with independent volume knob
- 2 speak-on connectors for the speaker (why you would ever need 2 speakers with this is beyond me, but each to her/his own...)

[size=5][b]The cab is rated at 800 watts at 4 ohms[/b][/size]. The cab is all you need and deliver earth shaking bass, and surprisingly cutting treble if the amp is eq'd that way. Sounds absolutely amazing without the need for a sub or extension speaker.

[size=5]I used to gig this rig in a loud rock band with a loud drummer and two loud guitarists, and I never had to turn up more than 9 - 10 o'clock. It's seriously loud and punchy![/size]

Full details can be found in the original handbook which I've still got somewhere, but it's a case of finding it. A digital version can be found here though: [url="http://www.marshallamps.de/fileadmin/_marshall/downloads/all-manuals/DBS7400-Handbuch.pdf"]http://www.marshalla...00-Handbuch.pdf[/url]

To transport this to and from gigs, I used to get in a fiat uno (with the seats folded down), with the amp in the footwell, and my bass would just slide down the side of the cab. So although it's big, it isn't too difficult to transport. The cab has pretty heavy duty rubber castors so it's easy to push around. I just wouldn't advise trying to get the cab up a flight of stairs on your own though, but with 2 people it's fine.

As you'll see, some of the vinyl has come off the back of the cab due to repeated sliding in and out of the back of my car, and unfortunately the white plastic Marshall signature broke off years ago.
With the head, I seem to have lost the button for the compressor which you can hopefully see from the photos, but it's still easy to use by pressing the blue square in, and it all works brilliantly.

An a[attachment=239327:PICT0011.JPG][attachment=239328:PICT0012.JPG][attachment=239329:PICT0013.JPG][attachment=239330:PICT0014.JPG][attachment=239331:PICT0019.JPG][attachment=239332:PICT0020.JPG][attachment=239333:PICT0021.JPG][attachment=239334:PICT0022.JPG]bsolutely amazing amp, and getting to be as rare as hens teeth these days.

Due to the size and weight (these things were really made to last), it's going to have to collection only I suspect. Looking for cash ideally, and Prepared to split if I have to.
Not really looking for trades, but I suppose there's no harm in asking.

Thanks for looking!

Edited by DiceSociety