Why become a member? ×

Rare Video From Blue

blue

[quote name='Cato' timestamp='1488353992' post='3248079']
Pretty sure, given the average age of the BC collective is closer to 60 than 20, that it was said ironically, in jest.
[/quote]

I would like to give "the boy" the benefit of doubt. I'll wait to see what his response is.

[quote name='SpondonBassed' timestamp='1488354102' post='3248080']

I would like to give "the boy" the benefit of doubt. I'll wait to see what his response is.
[/quote] I don't think there is any benefit of the doubt to be given. A light hearted jest is always good in my book.

[quote name='timmo' timestamp='1488355585' post='3248091']
I don't think there is any benefit of the doubt to be given. A light hearted jest is always good in my book.
[/quote]

Absolutely.
To me, 'The Boy' was just speaking in the spirit of the thread. (well, my take anyway). :D

[quote name='timmo' timestamp='1488355585' post='3248091']
I don't think there is any benefit of the doubt to be given. A light hearted jest is always good in my book.
[/quote]

I agree.

However, the site Ts & Cs recognise that misunderstandings can easily occur. In fact it is recommended that humorous comments are identified as such by the use of smilies. While I don't use smilies, I do attempt to indicate when I make a flippant remark in some way that I am joking. More often than not I'll put "heeheehee" or "hahahaha" in there somewhere to show that I am not taking the p155.

I see nothing to indicate that anything other than an ageist remark has been made. It's what I'd call a low-level insult. Normally, I would let it go but I've seen Blue given a hard time by some of the members here in the past.

Blue?

Edited by SpondonBassed

[quote name='SpondonBassed' timestamp='1488361879' post='3248166']
I see nothing to indicate that anything other than an ageist remark has been made. It's what I'd call a low-level insult. Normally, I would let it go but I've seen Blue given a hard time by some of the members here in the past.

Blue?
[/quote]
i don't think its a targeted ageist remark, its a light hearted joke.....

i don't think blue gets a hard time either, he is a respected member of this community. he does have very strong opinions that can polarise the community and he gets some strong defensive responses, but he has always given as good as he gets and enters into the discussions willingly.

i very much doubt he would have seen it as an insult, he's a bigger man than that.

Edited by RockfordStone

As one of the "old people"(I'm 70) that the boy refers to I am part of a generation that doesn't need smilies to indicate that something is humorous.Of course it was meant to be a gentle dig but it is funny and a lot of us know that it is often true.Relax and let the words speak for themselves and laugh a little.
Note that I will NOT be using smilies or any other of those new-fangled things and I don't think I need a "hehe" either.Calm down.

[quote name='Staggering on' timestamp='1488372021' post='3248316']
As one of the "old people"(I'm 70)... I will NOT be using smilies or any other of those new-fangled things[/quote]

With the wisdom that comes from seven decades, you can probably bound around some canny similes instead. Or metaphors if you really want to push the boat out :D

[quote name='SpondonBassed' timestamp='1488380058' post='3248433']
I had a nasty case of that but penicillin soon cured it.
[/quote]

Can't wait to see the vid Blue. I'm hanging around in my flame-proof union suit with the trap door firmly buttoned despite everything.

eee bah GUM!

(Edit; Note to self, don't make the mistake of quoting yourself too often, it's as confusing as trying to wee into the corner of a barrel.)

Edited by SpondonBassed

[quote name='Skol303' timestamp='1488385086' post='3248496']
This whole thread is FAKE NEWS. Sad. A great danger to our country. Maybe the millions of people who voted to MAKE BASSCHAT GREAT AGAIN should have their own rally. It would be the biggest of them all!
[/quote]

Good old Channel 4.