Why become a member? ×

MXR Micro Amp

larrikin

The unit might have been upside down, but it was probably plugged in correctly! Either that or he's swapped the jacks round inside the housing to suit his pedal board.

I use one and it doesn't work if I plug IN to the Output as kev says.

I agree - the signal is coming out of the green pedal and in to the MXR. He's turned it upside down so that it's easier to connect up ie the input jack of the mxr is close to the output jack of the green pedal. Perfectly normal in my book, I've often turned pedals upside down or on their side etc. to fit the signal path.

Ah I see, thanks guys! Wonder what that oedal behind the MXR is, i know what all the rest are - russian muff, dd6, tr2. But the black box???

Also, i am getting a mxr this week, now i know it is fine to run through my ampeg as it's all valve, but through my little solid state combi, would that be ok with it?

Edited by larrikin

[quote name='BassManKev' post='311882' date='Oct 22 2008, 10:52 AM']looks like a double effects looper to me[/quote]Yes, and the second loop goes to what looks like a Boss Tremolo, then to the Micro Amp (which IS connected the right way round) then back - you can follow the cables. This may be because the Boss TR-2 is notorious for a level drop (some popular mod companies offer a fix for this) and the Micro Amp is there to make up the difference. So it will be left permanently on and only the level needs to be adjusted, which is easier with it that way round, especially if you want to do it with your foot!

The first loop contains only the Big Muff, probably because those Russian ones are horrible tone-suckers without either being modded to 'true' bypass or put in a loop. The other pedal looks like a Boss digital delay and the whole signal goes through that without a looper, which is actually a good thing if it's the last pedal because the Boss buffer is pretty good and it will drive the long cable to the amp well.

Edited by Thunderhead

[quote name='larrikin' post='311959' date='Oct 22 2008, 12:11 PM']I see, what double effect looper do you think it is??[/quote]Not sure, but they all do basically the same job. Some are buffered, some are 'true' bypass, that's about the only difference. You can't tell which that is unless you know who built it.

[quote]And is a Boss buffer the dd6?[/quote]Yes, all Boss pedals (apart from the very early CE-1 type) have full buffering.

Yeah it is, i think those boots are pretty cool!

What tunes does he use his dd6 on? i know it's the tr2 for 'black thumbnail', and i thought it was the dd6 for 'my party', but now not so sure????

Also, i got my mxr amp, but the gain switch is missing, anyone know where i can get a new one?????

Gracias