Why become a member? ×

Traded - US Vintage re-issue '62 Jazz - price drop
£950

simontdo

£850

[size=4][font=Arial, sans-serif]I have for sale, a 1996 US Vintage re-issue '62 Jazz. I’m told this is a 50[sup]th[/sup] anniversary model (although I don’t know what difference that makes)[/font]

[font=Arial, sans-serif]It has all the original case candy including the string mutes and bridge/pickup covers that have never been used. [/font]

[font=Arial, sans-serif]Considering its over 20 years old, the condition is exceptional, almost as new.[/font]

[font=Arial, sans-serif]There are a few very light scratches in the Nitro finish lacquer and a few very small knocks on the end of the head-stock.[/font]

[font=Arial, sans-serif]Weight is 9.2 lbs[/font][/size]

[i][color=#515251][font=Verdana, sans-serif]Model Name: U.S. Vintage ‘62 Jazz Bass®[/font][/color]
Model Number: 019-0209-(3-Color Sunburst)
Series: U.S. Vintage Series
Body: Alder
Neck: Maple
Fingerboard: Rosewood (7.25” Radius/184 mm)
Frets: 20
Scale Length: 34” (864 mm)
Nut: 1.50” (38 mm)
Hardware: Nickel
Machine Heads: Vintage Style
Bridge: Vintage J-Bass
Pickguard: Tortoise Shell,
[color=#515251][font=Verdana, sans-serif]Pickups: Vintage 60’s Jazz Style Single Coils (Neck & Bridge)[/font][/color][/i]

More photos here (hopefully)

[url="http://s1104.photobucket.com/user/simontdo/basses/62%20jazz/story"]http://s1104.photobu...62%20jazz/story[/url]

[size=4][font=Arial, sans-serif]It comes with a non-original Thomann vintage tweed case.[/font]

[font=Arial, sans-serif]I haven't bought or sold much over the year’s I’ve been on here, so don't have any feedback. Although I have bought/sold from drums1977 and Old Horse Murphy, who I’m sure will vouch for me.[/font]

[font=Arial, sans-serif]I am based in Bournemouth, if you want to come and have a look, but I’m happy to arrange a courier if required. I'd imagine that would be about £25.[/font]

[font=Arial, sans-serif]In terms of trades, I might be interested in older 4 string Fenders (or maybe even the little 6 string things)[/font][/size]

[size=4][font=Arial, sans-serif]Thanks for looking[/font][/size]

[size=4][font=Arial, sans-serif]Simon[/font][/size]

Edited by simontdo

OK, I've done a bit of research on this and it would apear that the US '62 reissues are supposed to have the double stacked control knobs.

As is obvious, this one hasn't.

I've spoken to the lady I bought it from and she insists she bought it new at Anderson's in Guildford in '96 and has never changed it.

I've taken so more photos of the back of the control plate and the neck etc.

Maybe Fender ran out of stacked knob control plates in Feb'96?

• 4 weeks later...